Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   dealer is trying to molest me!!!! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/dealer-trying-molest-me-16766/)

AMERICAN_MUSCLE 07-16-2008 09:18 AM

I'm with twistrman...see if there is another dealer you can take it to. Many dealers do suck, but there are some who are honest, reputable, and will go out of their way to help you. When I had my '99 Firebird Formula a few years back, the 5th gear synchro went bad at 15,000 miles. They replaced it and reconditioned the trans with no questions whatsoever.

Retrorod 07-16-2008 10:00 AM

It's too bad that so many dealers get a bad reputation but I believe they earn it.

Ok, I'm going to put my two-cents in support of dealerships....the good stores, the ones that will be here long after the "other" ones are gone. It's no secret on this board that I am a dealer Service Manager, I've been doing this stuff for many years after turning wrenches in the late '60s. I've been in the same store since 1977 and many of my employees have been here that long, some even longer. The reason we are here this long is because we care, we want to fix your vehicle, we train & I spend tons of money on tools/equipment and compensate my people for their training. Unfortunately, alot of stores don't do the same or only do the "bare minimum".....those people give all of us a "black eye" that's tough to overcome.

Things are getting tougher in this business, quite a few of our competitors have gone out of business lately, mainly from the current economic downturn and the fall-off of sales. A dealership can't survive if cars and trucks aren't selling. The stores that piss you off are going down first because if you are not satisfied in the service department, you will look elsewhere when it comes time to buy again.

If you are having problems with your HHR, hang in there, work with your dealer or check around in your area for a store with a better service reputation. GM wants your vehicle fixed and running correctly, they will pay competent people to fix it properly.

One last note.....be patient with anything that is intermittant, it's the hardest thing to repair when the failure is inconsistant.....make sure you provide any and all information you have regarding when, where and what conditions surround your intermittant concern.

Ok, there's my side of the story. For the record....not ALL dealers are like this!

ChevyMgr 07-16-2008 10:17 AM

Nicely stated Retrorod!! :thumb:

Stating that ALL dealer service departments suck is like saying ALL vette owners are anal, it simply isn't true.

jerSSey HHR 07-16-2008 10:21 AM

Unfortunately the Pontiac dealer near my house just went out of business. They were great for service work and repairs.

mightymouse 07-16-2008 01:55 PM

got a call from them today,two actually. one was from my salesman,asking me the whole story(i guess after he sold me two cars he went on vacation lol)as he had been out of town. he then tells me every big wig is working on this. the owner/head manager wants me taken care of. so, i get a second call from the service manager. he tells me it's a fuel system problem and get this,they have one EXACLTY like mine on the lot,5speed,ss(not sure if it's black) wow,as i say to myself,yesterday as of 5:30 they had nothing and today they get a 5 speed ss....hmmmm.... now,they were told by tech. line to compare the two cars fuel maps etc... WHY NOT GIVE ME THAT CAR?!?!? (as long as it's black lol) well going to give them till 4 for another update...wish me luck.

SPPD 07-16-2008 01:58 PM

Good luck!

jerSSey HHR 07-16-2008 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse (Post 291019)
got a call from them today,two actually. one was from my salesman,asking me the whole story(i guess after he sold me two cars he went on vacation lol)as he had been out of town. he then tells me every big wig is working on this. the owner/head manager wants me taken care of. so, i get a second call from the service manager. he tells me it's a fuel system problem and get this,they have one EXACLTY like mine on the lot,5speed,ss(not sure if it's black) wow,as i say to myself,yesterday as of 5:30 they had nothing and today they get a 5 speed ss....hmmmm.... now,they were told by tech. line to compare the two cars fuel maps etc... WHY NOT GIVE ME THAT CAR?!?!? (as long as it's black lol) well going to give them till 4 for another update...wish me luck.

I would think it would be a business/paprework nightmare to swap cars at this point.

mightymouse 07-16-2008 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR (Post 291031)
I would think it would be a business/paprework nightmare to swap cars at this point.

it would be,but if scarecrow,cowardly lion and tinman can't get fixed after asking the wizard for help,then i want a new freakin car!!!

astropods 07-17-2008 12:37 PM

Is your ss still running the stock tune or had you installed the Han tune?

mightymouse 07-17-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by astropods (Post 291461)
Is your ss still running the stock tune or had you installed the Han tune?

no still stock. the tune should be on my door step today!!!