HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Flooded HHR SS Owner not happy

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Flooded HHR SS Owner not happy

Winning bidder has left negitive feedback to the seller of the flooded Red HHR SS. This shows the problem with purchasing a car in a situation like this.

Quote: "was told everything worked,found a very expensive problem fiirst hr.still have m"
Old 08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Rest In Peace

WTF did the Buyer expect?

IT WAS FLOOD DAMAGED!

Idiot!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:31 PM

If the seller states that all is working in the listing , And it is not , Ebay will side with the buyer. Ebay is buyer freindly .
Flood damaged or not , If stated no problems, And there was , There is a time frame for a desput on ebay.

Personally i would'nt have paid much for it.

I've been an ebay member since '98 - Buyer and seller

Just sayin.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Is this the same VR SS from Nashville(sold by a company in JAX Fl), that we had two threads about?

Wait for it....... I told you so! I feel bad for the buyer, but there is a reason for not giving a car a clean title. I think it was ultimately sold for 11K+. Batman is right though, if it was posted its as good as gold for the buyers protection on false advertisment, or misrepresentation of goods.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Yes............. Yes it is.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Is this the same VR SS from Nashville(sold by a company in JAX Fl), that we had two threads about?

Wait for it....... I told you so! I feel bad for the buyer, but there is a reason for not giving a car a clean title. I think it was ultimately sold for 11K+. Batman is right though, if it was posted its as good as gold for the buyers protection on false advertisment, or misrepresentation of goods.
Yes, same car. Car sold for $10,000.00. He also left additional feedback as well. Maybe he purchased the car without seeing it before bidding. If that is the case, you really can't blame the seller imo.

His quote: "730.PART 100 LABOR ALL I WANT IS IT TO BE IN THE CONDYOU SAID IT WAS WORKING GD"
Old 08-10-2010, 09:24 AM

I can't see the entire feedback entry on ebay, but as of yesterday the owner is not happy at all, either that or his caps lock just happened to be on, maybe e-mail him and see if he could tell his story. bummer.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 09 Silver Bullett
Yes, same car. Car sold for $10,000.00. He also left additional feedback as well. Maybe he purchased the car without seeing it before bidding. If that is the case, you really can't blame the seller imo.

His quote: "730.PART 100 LABOR ALL I WANT IS IT TO BE IN THE CONDYOU SAID IT WAS WORKING GD"
I looked at some other buyers comments, and this looks to be the norm. buyer gets car, seller knows what is wrong with car and plans for this by sticking it to the buyer. the car most likely has several thousands worth of up-comming repairs, and the seller knows this, and plans that the buyer will come back for a thousand here and there, as the parts fail. the gamble that the seller takes is that the car will perform as advertised long enough for the connection not to be apparent to the buyer when major parts fail.

repair shops are cut-throat and have the "house" advantage. the only way to ensure protection is to take the car for a weekend and have it checked out. I never bought a used car(even from a dealer) without having that car checked out thourghly. I have a feeling that the buyer is young and saw a "deal". Or like someone else pointed out that they probaly bought the car on impulse without really checking it out.

The sellers ad did say that the car is AS IS, and makes no warranty promises. Sucks for the Buyer now.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
The sellers ad did say that the car is AS IS, and makes no warranty promises. Sucks for the Buyer now.
I agree. You know the saying, as is where is. You would think for 10 grand the buyer would go and see the vehicle in person or like you say have it checked out. Hopefully he will not have any major issues with it.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:11 AM

$10K for a flood car? I grew up in Oklahoma where it floods. In Oklahoma that sucker would have dents from 10 foot poles, LOL. Most people there won't go near a flood car, and with modern electronics it can get very expensive to get it all right again.

Quick Reply: Flooded HHR SS Owner not happy