HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Floor mats tip for owners in bad weather areas

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:38 PM

Floor mats tip for owners in bad weather areas

I actually liked the floor mats that came with my SS but before I set foot into my car I took out the floor mats and put in some rubbermaid ones that I bought at a local store.

Main reason is, I received the car in March in Cleveland, OH and the weather is not the best for any car. I didn't want to trash the interior right after I got the car.

I still have the original ones but I will wait until late spring to change them.

I know that this sounds like an obvious solution but I think a lot of people overlook this option.

Again, if you live in an area with better weather then this is not an issue.

Good luck to all you SS owners that have to drive in the snow. (Which, BTW the SS gets around fantastic in the white stuff).
Old 03-16-2008, 07:56 PM

GOOD CALL!!!

We have the same mats and LOVE THEM!!!

I purchased a set of the same Rubbermaid Heavy Duty Rubber Floor Mats for my HHR and my fiance's HHR... Boy, do they fit nice and really save on the carpet in bad wether.

We left the stock carpet mats and just placed these over them. They stay in place perfectly.

We don't have the HHR SS but love the mats in our cars!!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:30 PM

I didn't mean to single out SS owners. This is a great idea for anyone. I agree that the rubbermaid ones are very durable...

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 AM

I bought a set of the "extreme weather" rubber mats that GM has in the accessory catalog. They fit perfectly and do not move around. A good investment as my carpet mats are never going to be used.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by orbitalrage
I actually liked the floor mats that came with my SS but before I set foot into my car I took out the floor mats and put in some rubbermaid ones that I bought at a local store.

Main reason is, I received the car in March in Cleveland, OH and the weather is not the best for any car. I didn't want to trash the interior right after I got the car.

I still have the original ones but I will wait until late spring to change them.

I know that this sounds like an obvious solution but I think a lot of people overlook this option.

Again, if you live in an area with better weather then this is not an issue.

Good luck to all you SS owners that have to drive in the snow. (Which, BTW the SS gets around fantastic in the white stuff).
Huskyliners, http://www.huskyliners.com/floorliners.html , available online and at www.summitracing.com, have floor liners which fit like a glove, perfectly, and would hold about a gallon of snow/water. The ones I just got for the HHR are the best fit ever, I have them in a TBSS, Tahoe, and Corvette, but the HHR fit is best. The fit the well and go up the sides like they were moulded in there. Available in black, tan and grey,