HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

FYI- For those of you that want to autox

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 AM

FYI- For those of you that want to autox

Well since I was the first one in the US to autox the SS in a SCCA Sanctioned Solo event the SCCA does not know what class to put the SS in. Right now the SS is being classed as B stock which gives it an index of .832 . The SCCA is getting together to decide the fate of the SS to see if it even be allowed to compete in Solo autox. The Regular HHR IS NOT allowed to compete due to rollover issues . But if they do allow the SS to compete the class they put it in will either make or break us.

As of right now with it being in B stock gives me an index time of 44.047 now if they decide to put it in D stock it will give me a 42.988. So let us hope for D stock. So those of you who are thinking about autoxing for right now put your car in B Stock and I will keep everyone updated if anything changes.

Like I said before in my other post the car has a lot more in it I was just babying it and getting a feel for it. Most of the other vehicles that ran were running Summer tires where as I was running the stock all-seasons. I am going to continue autoxing and surprise everyone when my times keep getting faster as I am getting more confident in the SS abilities. Its just a little weird sitting so high up going around turns.

If any of you guys want to see the standings and the other cars that I ran with here is a link. The other HHR SS time is my girl driving my ride.

http://www.gws-mbca.org/ax/ax-08/ax08-1.html