HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Hahn Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Banned

Hahn Tune

So im just about ready to order the tuner from HAHN. I just got off the phone with Aaron and im extremely excited. Just need a little bit of help from you guys that have the tune already. Tell me what you really like about it and if there is something that you dont ( hopefully not) let me know as well. And if anyone has had any issues with something going wrong with the car after the tune was done did the dealer take care of the problem for you?? Thanks in advance
Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by bartSS
So im just about ready to order the tuner from HAHN. I just got off the phone with Aaron and im extremely excited. Just need a little bit of help from you guys that have the tune already. Tell me what you really like about it and if there is something that you dont ( hopefully not) let me know as well. And if anyone has had any issues with something going wrong with the car after the tune was done did the dealer take care of the problem for you?? Thanks in advance
You will be pleased. The install is easy and the power gains are very impressive. The increased rpm limit in 1st and 2nd is also a great improvement. I also saw a slight increase in MPG (for moderate driving). Hahn gives very good customer support. The place to go for lots more info though is the 2.0 Forum https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/
Old 08-21-2008, 03:37 PM

I agree 100% with what c2vette said and I have had no problems at all plus I also have Hahns new intercooler and piping and the car runs perfect. The tune and parts remind me of my first car, a 1970 Nova SS, 350 4-speed and I am sure that the HHR is quicker. I love the great gas millage and if I feel the need to spin the tires all I have to do is stand on it. This baby is a real sleeper.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:36 PM

I think it's great you guys are doing this. I would love to blast around town in a modified HHR SS...

But isn't anyone one bit worried about their warranty? Blowing away a 100,000 mile powertrain coverage is something I would think long and hard about.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
I think it's great you guys are doing this. I would love to blast around town in a modified HHR SS...

But isn't anyone one bit worried about their warranty? Blowing away a 100,000 mile powertrain coverage is something I would think long and hard about.

Not really. I'll only regret it if I blow something up. If I didn't do the tune (and other future mods), I'd regret it every time I drove. Cost-benefit analysis says do the tune.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D

Personally not worried. This is a strong motor and I am relatively easy on equipment. If you are on a tight budget, and this is your only car, then don't mod and expect warranty coverage. I wouldn't mind having an excuse to pull the motor and trans, put in a better clutch, blueprint the trans with cryo treated internals, etc, but that is just me. By the way, this warranty and mod issue has been covered over and over in other threads, so sorry for all the repetition.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:02 PM

no regrets here. the way i see it and what i have always said,if you are worried about warrenties,LEAVE THE CAR STOCK!!! also you have to be responsible. right now,my cash is being blown on my son's possible acting career lol!!! after i get past that,it's back to modding.

no problems. can't find one negative.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
no regrets here. the way i see it and what i have always said,if you are worried about warrenties,LEAVE THE CAR STOCK!!! also you have to be responsible. right now,my cash is being blown on my son's possible acting career lol!!! after i get past that,it's back to modding.

no problems. can't find one negative.
A worthy goal, if your son is serious and dedicated you are a good Dad to be supportive of his ambition. I have a niece who pursued an acting career that did not work out, but she is now a succesful executive, so you never know where it will lead.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by c2vette
Personally not worried. This is a strong motor and I am relatively easy on equipment. I... By the way, this warranty and mod issue has been covered over and over in other threads, so sorry for all the repetition.
I'm actually jacked that Hahn has a program out, and I'm glad some of you guys are on track to do it. Can't wait to hear more driving impressions.

I was unlucky... I had to rebuild my 98 Z28 transmission M6 at only 41K on the clock and it was $2650 and at the time I didn't have the money so I had to put it on a credit card.
I HATE it when that happens.

If I'd had the 100K warranty that you guys have, it'd been no problem but as it was I was sorely disappointed that I had such a major repair with so few miles on the car. And it's not like I drove the hell out of the car, I have been RELATIVELY easy on it, never took it to the track, did very little stoplight shenanigans (though Ive had my moments)

Forewarned is forearmed... Screw the warranty and more power to ya! (literally)
Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

thanks for all of the responses guys. Much appreciated