Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   HHR/SS fastest in its class Nurburgring (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/hhr-ss-fastest-its-class-nurburgring-19024/)

gcsd3742 10-23-2008 06:14 AM

Correct I never said more or less I just posted what was out there already...Crow aint bad I've had worse in foreign countries....

Arne73 10-23-2008 04:05 PM

...how about a link to the video?

AaronSS 10-23-2008 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 321870)
Is this really something to fight over?

GM claimed it was the fastest in it's class and nothing more or less.

John Heinrency is one of the best drivers at the ring and he gave the SS some respect.

We should be happy with this time and the Cobalt SS with it's even better time with the same engine and suspension. The Cobalt was entering M series times.

You guys missed alot of this story. On another local forum, someone said that the HHR SS is the fastest FWD car around the 'ring. I corrected them, said specifically that it was the fastest compact van, not the fastest FWD car, and that the Cobalt SS/TC was faster. GCSD was never involved at that point except that it was his introduction thread. GCSD then told me I was wrong and to "Read it and weep" and got all smartypants, then came over here to call me out publicly and tell me how wrong I am and make a show of it. My argument was never that GM lied or that the HHR SS is a worthless POS. I was just a little upset over the childish antics in dragging this across two forums and trying to get other people involved and make a show of it. I posted another source that explains exactly what class the HHR is in on the thread on the other forum where it should have stayed, and if he disagreed further it should have stayed in that thread or been handled via PM. This should never have been brought here.

Nebulous1 10-23-2008 04:24 PM

Of course it's not a dedicated sportscar, but a performance crossover, so it makes sense to put it in compact van. No way it would ever have a chance to be the fastest FWD sportscar. Heck, the Cobalt SS has the same powertrain pulling a couple hundred pounds less weight and stickier tires to control that lower weight. (And considerably less room for the family and cargo, of course. Not a sensible comparison.) But funny to see that a relatively inexpensive performance crossover could be just 1 second slower than an expensive dedicated sportscar like the Lotus Exige (even if the Exige was a model from 8 years ago).

AaronSS 10-23-2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742 (Post 321649)
AaronSS here's is the post about the Nürburgring and the HHR/SS in its class so now tell me its not the fastest car in its class on the track?

You posted this here before I said anything about it on the other forum? I don't think so. This is what I am pissed about. I couldn't care less about the original post.

Originally Posted by gcsd3742 (Post 321965)
Correct I never said more or less I just posted what was out there already...Crow aint bad I've had worse in foreign countries....

If the conversation is over, stop defending yourself like it's still going on.

Canuck 10-23-2008 07:07 PM

GDSDS3742 - I've been on the side lines watching and IMO, think you owe him an apology. Give it up, you were wrong and way off side posting it up again here.

Canuck 10-23-2008 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742 (Post 321965)
No one asked you opinion .. Aaron and I worked it out here at home....I am getting the Mod's to remove the thread... So have a good night

PM from GDSD3742 above ^ - I was under the impression that forums were simply open to everyone's thoughts and ideas? Guess I was mistaken :bow: to his Highness. That'll teach me for expressing my opinion. :lol:

gcsd3742 10-24-2008 10:05 AM

Video of the HHR/SS on the ring

For those who haven't yet seen the video:
http://community.myride.com/kickapps...688166?as=3898