HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

How much is a 2009 Panel SS Worth

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 01:00 PM

How much is a 2009 Panel SS Worth

Hi guys, new to forum. I dont own a HHR, but a Solstice. I have a question for you guys, my friend got a retirement present for his wife and bought her a 2009 HHR Panel SS. I didn't even know these cars existed. He has owned a couple of regular SS's and wanted to get one of the wife, basically so he could have another one to look at. She really hates the car! Now he wants to get rid of it. He's too old to do the online stuff, so asked me to help him sell it. Its a black car with around 130,000 miles on it. Any idea what I should ask for it. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Check Kelly Blue book, Auto trader and our Classified ads.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:12 PM

I tried to find comparable listings, but apparently they only made a couple of hundred of these. So, thanks for the advice, but the comparison shopping did not work out.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Administrator

They made 216 of them .
Due to that low production number , they are few and far between and hard to set a price on
Old 11-14-2019, 02:05 PM

List it on Ebay. You will know exactly how much it worth.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Administrator

There have been a few cloned SS panels posted on the site, one was asking $20,000.00, and admittedly made from a window wagon SS. By adding panel rear doors.
I know of an SS here in my area, strangely with LS/LT rear bumper and hoop spoiler, with LS front buckets, so I’m sure it’s a fake.
If the VIN confirms it’s a real SS Panel then , it could be worth more, of course depending on condition, mileage and colour.
Black is a plus, clean rims no curb rash also a bonus ! original suspension and exhaust, Brembo brakes are also a huge plus.

If this was built, what would a well kept real SS panel be worth?

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/inac...version-60720/

Last edited by Oldblue; 11-14-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:46 AM

Simply put, any car you sell is worth EXACTLY what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Depending on condition, your friend's car could be worth 6 or 7 thousand in my estimation. If it is manual, and tuned, and in really nice condition, maybe 8.

The longer answer is, it depends on many things.
The mileage and condition make a huge difference. An ultra-low mileage vehicle in showroom-quality, pristine condition will fetch MUCH higher numbers than something with over 100K miles that has been driven hard.
Also, the color is very important. Black is by far the most common, then Victory Red, then Switchblade Silver. A handful of other colors make up the rest. The really rare Aqua Blue Metallic ones (only about 9 made) might be the most valuable of all.
In fact, I personally would pay a pretty penny (more than $15k) for one of the Aqua Blue ones! Extraordinary examples of various colors have sold for $20k or more, but I only paid $6998 for my very nice, 93k mile, silver panel with the GMPP and a tune.

Similarly, the manual transmission ones with LSD and Brembos (GMPP - GM Performance Package) are more desirable than the arguably more pedestrian automatic ones.

I am fortunate to own a Full Panel SS in Silver with the GMPP, and also an example of the even rarer "Half Panel" AA5 SS (only 199 made) in Victory Red with an auto.
Strangely, the fact that the AA5 is more rare does not make it more desired in the marketplace. I also paid less than $7k for the AA5 with only 75k miles on it, BTW.

Location enters into it as well. A Northern car that has been driven on salted, snowy roads and subjected to nasty winters are of almost zero interest to me.
Southern and Western or desert cars are generally more solid and clean and generate more interest and so can sell for more.
Of course, a car that is near you might be worth slightly more to you than one you have to get shipped. Transport costs can range from $400 to way over a grand.

I bought my Panel over the phone from a dealer in Orlando who transported it to South Alabama to me for a small additional fee.
However, and this is a huge deal, without being able to inspect the car yourself you take a big risk unless you have some kind of "no questions asked" guarantee.
The only reason I went for it is that I had a 5 day/250 Mile Guarantee and could have gotten a 100% refund and walked away if it hadn't measured up.
Since my dear wife limits me to only two cars at a time, I had to sell my immaculate Infiniti G37s Convertible to make room.

Here are "the girls" for your viewing pleasure:
Old 11-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Imperial blue metallic was the lowest production colour , only 4 are that colour, and GaryB has a 5 speed manual in pristine condition, I missed buying it by 1/2 an hour.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:15 PM

whish i had one .............germany
Old 11-15-2019, 12:47 PM

I use mine as my daily driver. Wish I didn't have too. Love this little truck

Quick Reply: How much is a 2009 Panel SS Worth