HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just installed Dejon Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Question Just installed Dejon Intake

I just installed mine, I had to fab up a bracket though so it wouldnt touch the valve cover and shake around. Anyone with one that could share a pic or tell me how you tied it down. Other than that its amazing and love the sound.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:33 PM

i made a bracket out of a hurricane to hold it off the vavle cover. i got it from home depot.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by RobSSTurbo
i made a bracket out of a hurricane to hold it off the vavle cover. i got it from home depot.
Ok thanks, I made one then drove the car for a while and my car went into limp mode twice and threw a cel so I put the stock airbox back on. Gonna have to get my charge pipe and dp and get tuned for it before I put it back on. I cant decide if I should go HPtuners or trifecta...Trifecta is just way easier.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by 08SSREDHHR
Ok thanks, I made one then drove the car for a while and my car went into limp mode twice and threw a cel so I put the stock airbox back on. Gonna have to get my charge pipe and dp and get tuned for it before I put it back on. I cant decide if I should go HPtuners or trifecta...Trifecta is just way easier.
If you can afford it, HPTuners is a good choice. You can try your hand at tuning or you can buy a tune later (Dejon offers a couple on their site) to use with it. It will cost more, but you can make a change to tuning yourself at any time if you need to. Just tuning for the new intake is not that hard.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
If you can afford it, HPTuners is a good choice. You can try your hand at tuning or you can buy a tune later (Dejon offers a couple on their site) to use with it. It will cost more, but you can make a change to tuning yourself at any time if you need to. Just tuning for the new intake is not that hard.
Yea i get confused when I look on there site, All those graphs and numbers scare me. My buddy is messing around with Hptuners and hes having problems. He was boostin 30 psi so he removed it. lol
Old 04-29-2012, 10:01 PM

Good point. If you aren't comfortable with it, you best not. (or maybe not have your buddy tune for you) It does have a learning curve to it. You can't just crib from other people's examples/tutorials and call it a day. Vince at Trifecta will get you tuned for your mods, I'm sure. Email him and ask about how it works. He seemed very responsive when I emailed him back when I was in your position. (Although my car seems not to mind too much air and never has thrown a CEL about it)
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 AM

Good point. If you aren't comfortable with it, you best not. (or maybe not have your buddy tune for you) It does have a learning curve to it. You can't just crib from other people's examples/tutorials and call it a day. Vince at Trifecta will get you tuned for your mods, I'm sure. Email him and ask about how it works. He seemed very responsive when I emailed him back when I was in your position. (Although my car seems not to mind too much air and never has thrown a CEL about it)
Yea I kinda expected it to throw a cell but not so fast, I installed the intake and IC at the same time so im thinking its just bringing in to much air, the guy I bought the intake from never had a problem with it either but he wasnt running a intercooler. Ill email vince soon I just wanna get a few more parts before I get a tune. Did you order your tune right from the trifecta website?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Vince tuned mine (Trifecta)....but my CEL still managed to come on when I had my SRI. Seemed like he could never really "dial" the car in very well. Ended up getting a partial refund and getting the ECM reflashed with the GMS1 tune to wipe off the Trifecta Tune completely. Going with "ChevyCobaltSS3" to tune mine (HP). James is a killer tuner...and he really really really takes the time to dial it in perfectly. I'll deal with the GMS1 for now until I can make it down to Kentucky!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by 08SSREDHHR
Yea I kinda expected it to throw a cell but not so fast, I installed the intake and IC at the same time so im thinking its just bringing in to much air, the guy I bought the intake from never had a problem with it either but he wasnt running a intercooler. Ill email vince soon I just wanna get a few more parts before I get a tune. Did you order your tune right from the trifecta website?
I elected to go with HPTuners and roll my own tune so I can upgrade whatever I want whenever. However, I'm not the kind of person to run down the choices other people make just because they picked different than me. So I'm not going to say my choice is better. It is actually a lot of research and work to DIY. It does seem worrisome to see that someone has had bad luck with Trifecta + Dejon SRI. Maybe someone can chime in with a success story with that combo? GMS1 + HPTuners is pretty awesome from what I understand. I may swap in the 3Bar sensors some day so my sensors are not flatlined at 255kpa. (22+psi)
Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 PM

I elected to go with HPTuners and roll my own tune so I can upgrade whatever I want whenever. However, I'm not the kind of person to run down the choices other people make just because they picked different than me. So I'm not going to say my choice is better. It is actually a lot of research and work to DIY. It does seem worrisome to see that someone has had bad luck with Trifecta + Dejon SRI. Maybe someone can chime in with a success story with that combo? GMS1 + HPTuners is pretty awesome from what I understand. I may swap in the 3Bar sensors some day so my sensors are not flatlined at 255kpa. (22+psi)
Yea im going with james. Talked to him on another forum, just getting the rest of my parts then making the trip. I'd like to have GMS1 but cant see spending the money on it.