HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just a quick ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:45 AM

Just a quick ??

Any word on swapping seats with a Cobalt SS/SC into the HHR SS? I know I'm screwed on the back seat and would have to figure that out, but I would like the nice leather, more bolstered/ performance oriented front seats from the old SC cobalts. Just wondering what the chances are they would fit/ work with the power ***** n if anyone has a busted SC they dont want to have seats in anymore haha....

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 AM

ill buy your SS seats if they are all black or black/red. there are a few people on cobaltss.net that has them for sale.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Unfortunately mine are black/silver. I have a silverstone metallic 08. I just dont care too much for the seats, which is realistically my only complain thus far. Even after putting almost 20k on it already...
Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by RocketBuSS
Any word on swapping seats with a Cobalt SS/SC into the HHR SS? I know I'm screwed on the back seat and would have to figure that out, but I would like the nice leather, more bolstered/ performance oriented front seats from the old SC cobalts. Just wondering what the chances are they would fit/ work with the power ***** n if anyone has a busted SC they dont want to have seats in anymore haha....

Thanks!
Cobalt seats are way different main thing is they are lower to the ground HHR are built higher up.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
Cobalt seats are way different main thing is they are lower to the ground HHR are built higher up.
considering this, how easy would it be to adapt the Cobalt seat itself to our slider/mount assembly? obviously with power seats in the HHR we'd have to get clever with that (or are the switches lower than the seat itself in that plastic panel thing?), but could it be doable? i might have to pull my driver's seat and find out one of these days...if i could keep my adjustability and get a more bolstered set in there, i'd be happy as a clam!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Founding Member

These seats do not interchange between HHRs and Cobalts as GTOMIKE stated.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM

Are the 2-door and 4-door model Cobalt seats the same? The 2-door seat has to flip up to allow entrance to the rear, and probably has more movement on the seat track.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 PM

If I could I would put the seats from the CSRT4 in my SS and just have them re-upholstered.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
These seats do not interchange between HHRs and Cobalts as GTOMIKE stated.
I kinda figured as much. Too bad too since a buddy of mine just put kirkey seats in his SS/SC n is gettin rid of the stock seats for cheap. Like $50 a seat cheap....
Old 02-24-2009, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by RocketBuSS
I kinda figured as much. Too bad too since a buddy of mine just put kirkey seats in his SS/SC n is gettin rid of the stock seats for cheap. Like $50 a seat cheap....
Just because the seats aren't a quick and simple interchange doesn't mean the Cobalt seats can't be adapted to fit your HHR. Customizers do this type of swap all the time with some ending up being relatively easy (cheaper) and some more complex (costly) but it can be accomplished. Check with some trim or auto shops in your area and I'll bet you'll be able to find someone who can give you some guidance or even tackle the whole job and make it happen.

Quick Reply: Just a quick ??