HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Magnaflow im an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Magnaflow im an idiot

well i bought my 2008 hhr ss a month ago and i keep looking at getting exhaust, i was most likely going to get the magnaflow kit but i kept thinking my car is already pretty freaking loud, so i thought "what if i see if i can unbolt the muffler to see how it sounds so i may not have to spend the 500$ on exhaust." anyways so i got the car up on blocks and looking at the muffler and to my surprise the car already had magnaflow exhaust, i feel like an idiot hahaha. But if any of you are looking at exhaust, i highly recommend magnaflow because it sounds just amazing!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:32 PM

That's what I use
Old 04-28-2011, 05:12 AM

i have the magnaflow catback also........... it's FOR SALE.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Premium Member

That's got to be good news custom exhaust done whats next ?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 AM

ahh why are you selling the exhaust, i was so surprised when i saw it, i was going to do it anyway so thats great news. im thinking about intake and gms1 but im not sure. what upgrades have you done to your SS?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 AM

Any recorded performance gains? CGS has a 14HP gain documented on thier website for the HHR SS
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyGuySS
ahh why are you selling the exhaust, i was so surprised when i saw it, i was going to do it anyway so thats great news. im thinking about intake and gms1 but im not sure. what upgrades have you done to your SS?
unfortunately i need the money more than i need the exhaust. it sound really good in my opinion.

i'm wanting $350 + shipping, if anyone is interested.

my mods are in my signature.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 PM

ahh well i am very sorry you are in that predicament, thats a pretty good price for magnaflow, do you like your k&n intake?? what is the hptuners? is it like a superships programer? oh you have the gms1?? what are your opinions on that?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyGuySS
ahh well i am very sorry you are in that predicament, thats a pretty good price for magnaflow, do you like your k&n intake?? what is the hptuners? is it like a superships programer? oh you have the gms1?? what are your opinions on that?
i like the k&n, the factory setup is actually a good setup and the k&n just makes it better with a better flowing filter, redesigned air box lid & nicer air box to turbo pipe.

one you thing you MUST remember is that with an intake, you'll need to be tuned for it. if you don't the chances you'll throw a CEL is very high.

HPTuners is sooooooo much better than superchips. superchips is just a crappy flash tune and scan tool. nothing more, you can't even upgrade the tune. with HPTuners you can fully custom tune your vehicle, it's a computer software that you download onto your laptop and comes with a cable to plug into your OBDII. if you're interested in making your HHR faster i can recommend you to a tuner in your area, i know about 4 down in Florida, what are you in?

GMS1..... the previous owner had it done. it was really nice when i first bought it and i was quite surprised with the power. but i wanted more, so i added the bolt ons and had a good friend of mine custom tune on top of the GMS1 with HPTuners. if you don't have GMS1 and aren't worried about the warranty...... don't waste your money on it and just get a full custom tune by a good tuner with HPTuners.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM

does the intake make the turbo sound loud like a conventional intake? how much did you spend on your intake? well i have a gmpp (General Motors Protection Plan) extended warranty which lasts for another year or so, so when that is done with i will start to do more, im in southern florida near ft lauderdale, how much is a hptuner? and could you give me a link to where you got yours from?

Quick Reply: Magnaflow im an idiot