HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Mirrors on my 08 SS (and my previous 07 Premier) are diving me NUTS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM

Mirrors on my 08 SS (and my previous 07 Premier) are diving me NUTS!

Hi, I have been missing in action for awhile, love the SS, working a lot and building a street rod so ‘net time is limited, I need help though (feel like a cheap two timer).

Maybe it’s just me, my trifocals, or my old tired eyes but everything in either the interior mirror or the door mirrors makes everything look like it is closer then it really is. I hate tailgaters at the best of time and now it seems that everyone is trying to run over me. I thought I was just being old and dumb until I have tried to back into parking spaces using the mirrors or to back up to unload stuff and I stop way too soon.

Has anyone experienced this (and fixed it) or have I just lost it (knew it was going to happen someday)?

Thanks, Old Ray.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:44 AM

I just notice they look close since I can't see anything but the windshield of the car since the rear window is so high up. When you can not see the hood they look closer.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM

If it really bothers you, you might try going to a glass & mirror shop and having them replaced with straight mirrors. Then for the blind spots, do like I do on my Camaro (which has horrible blind spots on both sides) get those little round mirrors and stick 'em on the extreme outside edges of the mirrors. Works great! I use 2" on the passenger side and 1" on the drivers side. Larger is better for the passenger side since that mirror is so much further away.
Just a thought. It will prolly be pricey to replace the mirrors!