HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Must haves

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 08:12 PM

If you're going to spend money on a brand new, 1st model introduction car, a specialty model at that...LOAD IT. The "add-ons" are actually reasonably priced, and when buying a NEW car, you are already losing money right off the floor...so you might as well invest in *some* resale.

That's just me. I go for the throat. sometimes I win, sometimes I lose...but I never "settle".

....if you cant afford the add-ons, you cant afford the car.

I am speaking as a used car buyer...someone who might be buying your car from you 3 years from now. I would look for a SS in the right color, with the options I want.

take a look at used HHR's right now. Base model LS with no options is almost asking as much as a 2LT with all the options...sure, that means the 2LT owner paid more, and the car is worth less, OR...the guy who bought the base model has a car that's worth as much as the 2LT....but who do you think enjoyed their 2 years more? The guy with no sunroof, no premium sound, cloth interior, and basic suspension? or the guy who went for broke?
(there is a meaning to that phrase....go for broke)
Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 PM

In a car that I am going to keep I always put in a kick a$$ stereo. I like the wheels enough to keep them for awhile, the SS would look better lowered, but if it handles really well, no change there. Until there is some real dyno work on the aftermarket engine tunes, that will not be touched either! I guess the only thing I dont really need, is the stereo!!!! Let the negotiations begin!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:55 PM

i absolutely love the sun roof. I hope to be ordering one this spring...
I wouldn't get one without it.

just so you know there is supposed to be an optional Brembo disc brake upgrade package available later this year, maybe spring? don't know if it can be retro installed we'll see about that.
about the only other option i would consider are the side curtain airbags.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
i absolutely love the sun roof. I hope to be ordering one this spring...
I wouldn't get one without it.

just so you know there is supposed to be an optional Brembo disc brake upgrade package available later this year, maybe spring? don't know if it can be retro installed we'll see about that.
about the only other option i would consider are the side curtain airbags.
The Brembos are going to be first available as a dealer installed option, the dealer fast facts sheets mentioned that the initial "outside the assembly line" Brembo brake vehicles will not have the same "pedal feel" as the factory assembly line ones, because the factory system is vacuum bleed to tighter specs than can be done in the service bay of the dealer, hence the softer pedal of the added ones.

As far as the sunroof, it does cut into the headroom a considerable amount for a taller person, and that is the front and rear passenger headroom( due to the room it needs to slide back). It is a nice sunroof though.

Oh yeah, the HHR is a 5 star crash front AND side rating WITHOUT the side air bags!

Must haves for me: All 260 HP and 29 mpg of the stick, limited slip, performance seat ( longer bottom cushion and different bolsters), 7 speaker sound and amp, black and red interior for a splash of color, the 6 cd player, and NO roof rails.