HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

My 2011 Panel SS Clone in finished!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:05 AM

My 2011 Panel SS Clone in finished!

Having owned and foolishly sold one of the 216. original Panel SS's years ago, I decided to look for another. The owner I sold it to, is using as daily driver and didn't want to sell it so I built my own from a 53k mile original paint 2011 Red Panel from a dealer in Ohio. I found complete SS interior on Ebay and with the help of ads on this forum, I drove from Grand Rapids Mi. to Louisville Ky. and back a few Saturdays ago to purchase set of 4 factory SS rims. My preferred body shop of 30 years just completed removal of original bumper covers and replaced with new GM SS covers and grilles etc. to give me the 2011 SS clone you see here.

New GM spoiler and rear bumper cover.

Great used complete red SS interior including matching back seat and seat delete storage box.

Michigan SS plate properly displayed on an SS....clone.

New GM front bumper cover, grilles and driving lights.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Technical Moderator

Now you need a fake inter-cooler.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:15 AM
Administrator

And SS side skirts.
and SS mirror covers.
Looks nice thou! Just like it is.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Now you need a fake inter-cooler.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Technical Moderator

Maybe ad "ish" to the SS badges.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Looks Great! Very nice!
Does this have the 2.4 or 2.2?

If I may ask... what was the approximate value for the SS Interior: Door Panels & Seats?
Did you get the SS Rear seat too or running panel storage box?
Was the steering wheel a swap or a Wrap around the original... if wrap, where did you get?

I've bounced back & forth on the SS Skirts vs Running boards.
I tend to like the running boards better, and looks great with the SS bumpers!
Changing bumpers, is it only the covers & Ft Grill or does it require different under mounts too?

Not a full SS, but it's a sweet looking customized HHR!
If I was still looking for a HHR Panel, it'd be one I'd have high interest!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:53 AM

I know I am missing the Turbo, rear discs, proper steering wheel, intercooler and more, but this it it... This 2011 had the running boards as stock equipment. Steering wheel wrap was a must as original steering wheel cover had loose spots at 12:00. and I had to do something. Open to replacing with proper wheel if anyone has one.... I believe this is stock 2.2 for 2011 but I could be wrong. I don't think there were any engine options in 2011. I believe the front bumper required something besides the cover, but I left it up to body shop owner to make it right...$4300. conversion, and I supplied the spoiler.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:54 AM

Interior I thought was a bargain at less than $700. from LQK or LKQ. Included front buckets, door panels front and rear and rear seat. I have rear door panels for anyone who may need them??????
Old 11-18-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Livinmydream
Interior I thought was a bargain at less than $700. from LQK or LKQ. Included front buckets, door panels front and rear and rear seat. I have rear door panels for anyone who may need them??????
That is a great buy for the interior... I may follow your lead as I check off other items on my growing mod list.
Always been found of "red" splashed into an interior! Are the SS Seats more Firm? Does the Drivers side have the power seat like LT?
LOL... but I also like wood look too... and that wood interior kit offered on various sites is intriguing to me too.

I know many love the SS ground effect look, so it's worth the time & money if desired.
I'm lucky, no cost, I like the curvy retro look of the stock bumpers.... just need a grill change!
Old 11-18-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Livinmydream
I know I am missing the Turbo, rear discs, proper steering wheel, intercooler and more, but this it it... This 2011 had the running boards as stock equipment. Steering wheel wrap was a must as original steering wheel cover had loose spots at 12:00. and I had to do something. Open to replacing with proper wheel if anyone has one.... I believe this is stock 2.2 for 2011 but I could be wrong. I don't think there were any engine options in 2011. I believe the front bumper required something besides the cover, but I left it up to body shop owner to make it right...$4300. conversion, and I supplied the spoiler.
Speaking of rear disks... I plan to explore what's involved to convert larger ft discs and possible rear disks.
You happen to explore that during your build up?

Quick Reply: My 2011 Panel SS Clone in finished!