HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

My HHR isn't fixed

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 02:14 PM

My HHR isn't fixed

the same problem has come back to haunt me.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Sorry to say it but I was waiting for this. In your original post I just couldn't see how your problem was throttle body related. Sounds to me like you have a dealer that is just gonna throw parts at it until they get lucky and solve the problem. Best of luck hope it doesn't take them too long to fix it.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:45 PM

last thing you wanna hear is lemon law but sounds like it's approaching that territory.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:56 PM

What was the original problem?
Old 07-26-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
What was the original problem?
I was headed home in a torrential downpour doing 70+ with traffic (wipers were useless) and all of a sudden the stability control light started flashing and then the car was dinging at me. The dash flashed "ESC is now off" then "power has been reduced".

So I'm thinking WTF? Then I thought, hmm call onstar.....but it's raining so dang loud they wouldn't be able to hear me. So I kept on driving but pretty much had no turbo boost. The rain let up enough I called and asked them to run a diagnostic which they did ( Ohhh she asked me to stand by while she probed me, I felt nothing, LOL). She proceeded to tell the usual BS about the ESC which I already know (but she doesnt know that). I ask her if there is anything I can do and she says if I can pull of safely, powering off the car and cylcling they key may fix it. well, no can do, 40 miles to the next exit which is 2-3 miles to get back on and I'm stubborn. She says she can transfer me to the diagnostic team (ohh, didn't know they had one!). The tech told me the TPS (throttle positioning sensor) on the engine didn't receive all of the expected signals from the TPS on the gas pedal so it turned the ESC off and reduced power to help prevent damage to the car and it's occupants.

Ok, now I'm impressed! This was one handy little conversation

It took a while abut I did manage to get off the highway and shut down the car. It was "funny" at first but cleared up. I get an oil change this friday and the dealer will check her over for me for problems.

Now nobody wants to have a problem with a car while driving but I will say I was 2 hours from home and it was nice to be able to get an explanation of the problem from Onstar .

I'm not blaming the dealer yet as GM TOLD them to replace the TB.

The first time, dealer found nothing. @nd time, I had the wiring harness fix per a TSb because I had an engine light on and codes stored. 3rd time, GM said replace TB.

4th time? Who knows. I'm out of town on Tuesday but plan on stopping at the dealer tomorrow morning on my way to work and then calling GM customer service.

Monday will make 11 days out of service for this problem.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
last thing you wanna hear is lemon law but sounds like it's approaching that territory.
and my dealer has a shiny new Inferno Orange Camaro on the showroom floor. To bad LL takes almost a year......
Old 07-26-2009, 07:14 PM

GM Customer service should be pretty quick... I've been getting calls every day until they finally called when I was home about a matter.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM

This is my company car, we are at the phone from 8-5 AND the can get me on my cell through the phone system if they wanted to.

I should also mention that my wife was driving it the past 2 times. She called onstar this time and they actually tolder her she should pull over because the car wasn't safe to drive do to some of the trouble codes.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sneezy
This is my company car, we are at the phone from 8-5 AND the can get me on my cell through the phone system if they wanted to.

I should also mention that my wife was driving it the past 2 times. She called onstar this time and they actually tolder her she should pull over because the car wasn't safe to drive do to some of the trouble codes.
What codes are they getting.. Any mods to this car?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
What codes are they getting.. Any mods to this car?
I don't think they will find any codes this morning because the lights were off. They should be able to get the report from Onstar. I will update after I talk with them.

edit, no mods except for the SS sticker over the bowtie and I'm pretty certain that isn't causing anything!

Quick Reply: My HHR isn't fixed