HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

New HHR SS Stage 1 decals

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 PM

I agree that it does look nice on your car. Sorry for the thread jack.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxon
I agree that it does look nice on your car. Sorry for the thread jack.
No worries. Actually didn't realize that myself. Cause for research and clarification!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by bigboy346
I went another way and had it painted on
Oh that's a beauty! And look! The GS '1'! I'm glad we agreed on that one.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 PM

Ok , Officially you got me. But to me it will always be a stage 1 kit.

And if i can ever afford it , the buick emblems would probally be tops on my list.

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Well it was one of the engineers in charge of the upgrade program that related this info to me. I would think he would know? I asked him a while back just to get the offical word so I would know.

To be clear GM in some of the limited but not all media releases did use the term stage kit a few times but it was never the offical name. No it is not sexy or cool sounding but officialy that is what GM calls it. I think It would have been better marketing if they had called it the Turbo Stage Kit.

It sounds good and they can call it what they want there are no rules to say other wise. So lets not drag it out anymore. The stickers look good let leave it at that.

I was going to do the Buick Stage 1 emblems but chose not to because I was not comfortable with it, that was just my choice for me. Some one else may want to give it a shot as the Buick emblems would look very factory like.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:11 AM

Agreed a different color would work but the only problem I have is I debadged the SS from the sides, didn't work with the fire, so can you make a smaller one to go under the SS turbo on the rear in black with maybe a chrome thin border? all my inlays are black.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
Ok , Officially you got me. But to me it will always be a stage 1 kit.

And if i can ever afford it , the buick emblems would probally be tops on my list.
That is fine. Turbo Upgrade would look silly on the side anyway.

I just like to leave the history intact no matter what people want to do sticker wise. I have done research on other older cars for stories I have written and found it often hard to get the truth because of faulse info.

The offical name may not mean much now but later on for a collector it will help him have accurate documentation for his car.

It took me 2 years to document some 1990 Fiero protorype parts. There was a lot of false info on them and I was accused of not having real parts. After 2 years I found the Designer of the part and now have the engineering drawing.

I have the short story on how the kit came about and while it is not a indepth story it will be something people int he future would not have if someone had not asked now. I hope to get more detail on it and share it.

The bottom line is most automotive history is up to the fans of the car to save. To most involved with the cars it is just a job and they forget it. Could you remember what you did 25 years ago on just one of the projects you were involved with? I find few that do if they are not retired or passed on.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:14 AM

One other note the new Buick Regal is coming next year as a GS with a 2.0 Turbo. The Stage 1 stickers would be a real nice fit there.

I would not be suprised with the big sales on the kits that they would offer one for it.

That would be a great marketing move for GM.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 AM

how much for it
Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by JJ's BLACK SS
how much for it
If you mean the GS it will be over $30K. Right now they are looking at FWD but might still see AWD down the road. They are trying to keep the price down. The car it is based on is very expensive. Closer to $50K. This is why the 4 and FWD may be what we get.

The Opel OPC it is based on is a very good car but is even more expensive as it has a Tubo V6 with 325 HP.

The Turbo 2.0 and 1.4 will be many more cars as well as a Tubo and Twin Turbo V6 that is coming.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:14 AM

just looked at it looks good

Quick Reply: New HHR SS Stage 1 decals