Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   HHR SS (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/)
-   -   Ohio has a new HHR SS Owner (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-ss-45/ohio-has-new-hhr-ss-owner-17259/)

CarlsSS 08-01-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 297969)
My only worry is the small speedo make it easy to drive guilt free fast.

My head up in the GTP reminds me too often how big the ticket will be.

Now the question is do I play Back in Black AC DC on the first drive or Fade to Black Metalica.

I have the 4 Cellos playing Fade to Black. Would that be more proper because I am over 40?

Cool! I love the look of the black with that two tone interior. Congrats on the new SS!:thumb:

I'd go with "Back in Black" myself, that is one of my ring tones actually! :lol: My other two rides are black, Viki is the first red car I have had in a while!

A good radar/laser detector is mandatory with this car. Never leave home without it! It is just way too easy to speed and it is a subtle reminder to keep it in check!

You will have to get used to people walking up and checking out your car also. Last night I was at a local car cruise and several people wanted to know more about my car. Even the Mustang owners were impressed with the SS! :lol: Most of them had never seen one before!:cool:

hyperv6 08-01-2008 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by CarlsSS (Post 297985)
Cool! I love the look of the black with that two tone interior. Congrats on the new SS!:thumb:

I'd go with "Back in Black" myself, that is one of my ring tones actually! :lol: My other two rides are black, Viki is the first red car I have had in a while!

A good radar/laser detector is mandatory with this car. Never leave home without it! It is just way too easy to speed and it is a subtle reminder to keep it in check!

You will have to get used to people walking up and checking out your car also. Last night I was at a local car cruise and several people wanted to know more about my car. Even the Mustang owners were impressed with the SS! :lol: Most of them had never seen one before!:cool:

I noticed people just now are starting to know or understand what the SS really is. GM never really promoted them much.

hyperv6 08-01-2008 07:52 AM

To the other black SS's in Akron I have not seen yours yet as the only black one I have ever seen was in the Portage Lakes and it was from PA. I ive on the Akron Coventry line just off of 224.

I will have to watch for you guys. Please don't so anything crazy like rob a bank or anything as I would hate to get pulled over. [Ha HA].

Mine will be going out to the east side as I work at Summit Racing.

One of our retail guys just bought a silver HHR SS 3 weeks ago. The Akron SS owner numbers are climbing.

jerSSey HHR 08-01-2008 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 297969)
My only worry is the small speedo make it easy to drive guilt free fast.

My head up in the GTP reminds me too often how big the ticket will be.

That's too funny, because that's the exact same thing I experienced when I picked up my SS a couple nights ago. I am so used to the HUD in my GP telling me exactly how fast I'm going. Even the analog speedo in the GP is much bigger than the SS and has easier to read gradation. In the SS I can't tell if I'm going 62 or 72 sometimes.

JCJSS 08-01-2008 09:14 AM

After just putting 500 miles on our new SS my wife left for 2 weeks to visit her mother in Greenville Ohio. She is coming back today and I'm not sure if I missed her or the SS more.

hyperv6 08-01-2008 12:02 PM

Well they called and it is in from Dayton.

I get to pick it up at 4 and I may not post for a few days.

jeffs396 08-01-2008 12:52 PM

Congrats on the new SS! I'll look you up the next time I'm at the retail store...usually visit a few times a year. BTW...how about a meet at the store...would it be allowed? There are quite a few of us members here in NE Ohio, what better place for a meet than the largest toy store for grown-ups! :thumb:

Clevelandhhrss 08-01-2008 01:16 PM

There is another black SS that rides on the east side of cleveland. Wonder if he is on here?? I seem to be the only one around cleveland proper?

Jeff® 08-01-2008 01:24 PM

Yes, you black SSs are cool :cool: but Chevy didn't call Victory Red VICTORY for nothing!:nuts:

jerSSey HHR 08-01-2008 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JCJSS (Post 298030)
After just putting 500 miles on our new SS my wife left...... .

I read this part first and then I thought oh oh...... :D