HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Omg!!!! What Next?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM

Angry Omg!!!! What Next?!?!?!?

THEY ARE KEEPING MY CAR HOSTAGE!!!!. I GUESS THIS WILL WORK OUT IN THE END,BUT I'M PISSED!!!! sorry for the caps... i get a call back today stating they can't release the car to me. saying it's unsafe for me to drive wtf??? well i kinda was picking up the tone the service guy was giving me which was chill,you will probably get another car. they have tried EVERYTHING,including swapping ecu's. well i probably won't be coming back to an hhr ss...i'm going cobalt ss this time. the prices are about even and i was told that shouldn't be a problem,once we get to that bridge. gotta call hahn and send back the tune that was never used. i will let you guys know later in the week on what is going on.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
THEY ARE KEEPING MY CAR HOSTAGE!!!!. I GUESS THIS WILL WORK OUT IN THE END,BUT I'M PISSED!!!! sorry for the caps... i get a call back today stating they can't release the car to me. saying it's unsafe for me to drive wtf??? well i kinda was picking up the tone the service guy was giving me which was chill,you will probably get another car. they have tried EVERYTHING,including swapping ecu's. well i probably won't be coming back to an hhr ss...i'm going cobalt ss this time. the prices are about even and i was told that shouldn't be a problem,once we get to that bridge. gotta call hahn and send back the tune that was never used. i will let you guys know later in the week on what is going on.
Bummer, if you do pull the trigger on getting the Cobalt SS it looks like that little car is going to be really fun to build on.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 PM

I would have never picked the Vehicle up in the 1st place with a Check engine light on......Sorry. That car should have stayed until it was fixed!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:31 PM

I wouldn't take the car from them if it wasn't fixed anyway. If all the techs there can't get it working you would just pull your hair out trying to fix it. Get the Cobalt, sounds like you want it more now anyway and I can't say as I blame you....
Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 PM

does getting another car involve getting an 09, that'd be sweet.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:36 PM

How is getting a Cobalt SS much different than an HHR SS? Exact same engine and powertrain. Only thing different is what sheet metal its wrapped in.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
How is getting a Cobalt SS much different than an HHR SS? Exact same engine and powertrain. Only thing different is what sheet metal its wrapped in.
Aerodynamics and 400lbs

The Cobalts SS is gonna be a beast in the fwd performance car market. The HHR will always be it's slower more user friendly fat cousin

Gotta admitt I like the looks of the HHR SS quite a bit more. I think the 4door SS cobalt they are releasing will look good and be a nice little sleeper
Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Whyt not send it to another dealerhsip to see if they can figure it out?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:43 PM

that was kinda the plan till they told me about not wanting to release the car. i guess if i really wanted to,i could go get it.

coletrickle hit the nail on the head why i want the cobalt ss. i do like the hhr interior over the cobalt,just seems nicer,but i like the exterior of the cobalt better.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM

These posts are depressing. Almost makes me want to go get a Honda Accord.