HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

power programmers

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:25 PM

power programmers

Since, I'm in a posting mood tonight, I do have one more question for the masses.
If I were to install a superchips programmer, and god forbid, had to take it back to the dealer for warranty work, if I put stock program back in, could the dealer tell?[without the stage 1 kit].
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Only way the dealer will not be able to tell with a superchips programmer is if you have a spare ecu. Do some research, I wouldn't even think about a superchips. If your gonna go superchips might as well find someone who can tune with HPT first. Do yourself a favor and buy the Trifecta Dual tune, with hide a tune feature.

Also would like to add that I have the GM stage kit (if all you want is something mild like superchips than GM tune might be your ticket), but going to tune over that some time next year with the Trifecta dual tune, hid a tune.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 PM

You can find the hide-a-tune at www.chwtunecenter.com
Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 PM

Same here, I would start with the Stage kit from GM, keeps your warranty and you can tune over it later should you decide.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
Since, I'm in a posting mood tonight, I do have one more question for the masses.
If I were to install a superchips programmer, and god forbid, had to take it back to the dealer for warranty work, if I put stock program back in, could the dealer tell?[without the stage 1 kit].
If you want the best of everything you need to go with the Trifecta tune. I just got my car back from the dealer for a trans issue and I had my tune turned off through the T/C button and they never detected or suspected anything. The tune is stealth/hidden and CAN NOT be detected. Also, you may not want all the power the Trifecta tune brings on all of the time so it's nice being able to hit a button and de-tune when you're in traffic or just riding around town. But be ready to rip someone a new one when you turn that mother on. So far I have sent TWO GTO's home to mama and sucked on to a Viper as he slowly pulled away and then slowed down to see what the funk I was driving and gave me the thumbs up. Oh Yeah, I do have other mods, but they wouldn't be doing anything without this tune.

Another good thing about Trifecta is that as you get mods done they continue support by getting data logs off your car and dialing in your mods to take full advantage of whatever you put on.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
You can find the hide-a-tune at www.chwtunecenter.com
A quick quesiton for you - what is the difference between the stealth tune and the dual tune? Both are priced the same.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:28 PM

From what I'm getting about the Trifecta Tune, is you have to have a laptop to either install or remove the tune.
I don't have access to a laptop[don't know anyone close that has one. Have PC, but no laptop.
The stealth tune looks pretty good to me. So far only have a Wicked-Flo muffler installed, and thinking about GM stage 1 kit.
Not sure whats involved installing or removing Trifecta Tune.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM

i like the hide a tune
Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign
From what I'm getting about the Trifecta Tune, is you have to have a laptop to either install or remove the tune.
I don't have access to a laptop[don't know anyone close that has one. Have PC, but no laptop.
The stealth tune looks pretty good to me. So far only have a Wicked-Flo muffler installed, and thinking about GM stage 1 kit.
Not sure whats involved installing or removing Trifecta Tune.
Nope, they send you the gt tuner (plug/play and tune) with a deposit on your account to make sure they get it back. As far as turning the tune on and off, you can have it done through the TC button or the cruise control button (what I'm going to have done).

If your gonna get the GM tune, get it first and wait on the Trifecta.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:23 PM

With the Trifecta tune, do I have any choice of buttons? I use both the TC[I assume you meant Traction Control], and also the Crusie control Buttons.
Maybe one other button, on the steering wheel?

Quick Reply: power programmers