HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Question for new SS owners??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Question Question for new SS owners??

Does the speedometer on the HHR SS show kilometers and miles per hour or just kilometers? I'm talking about the actual face with the numbers, not the digital output. The reason I ask, is because last Saturday I went to a dealer to test drive a silver SS with auto, and my wife noticed the speedometer was in km. She thought I was doing 60 when actually I was doing like 40. I think they screwed up and should have sent this vehicle to Canada or left it in Mexico where they use km.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

You can change it from the DIC like an LS or LT I would assume.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:27 PM

Yes the preferences on the DIC can be switched between MPH and KPH at least that's the way it is on my 2LT HHR.

TomR
Old 01-09-2008, 06:33 PM

YOu can change the speedometer in the dic?huh i didnt know that
Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadpuska
YOu can change the speedometer in the dic?huh i didnt know that
It's in the personalization menu that you get when you hold both DIC buttons for a couple of seconds. The same menu where you turn on and off the headlight delay, auto unlock, and options like that. One of the options you'll come across while scrolling through is whether you want the speedometer in MPH or KPH and it adjust your needle accordingly.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM

It makes it nice for those of us close to Canada. We can change it over when visiting and not have to worry about it
Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It's in the personalization menu that you get when you hold both DIC buttons for a couple of seconds. The same menu where you turn on and off the headlight delay, auto unlock, and options like that. One of the options you'll come across while scrolling through is whether you want the speedometer in MPH or KPH and it adjust your needle accordingly.
thats freakin crazy never knew that, what do you mean by headlight delay?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadpuska
thats freakin crazy never knew that, what do you mean by headlight delay?
Maybe that was the wrong choice of words. You can choose whether or not you want your headlights and turn signals to go on and off when you hit the buttons on your key fob. I haven't played around in that menu in a long time so I'm not so sure how it specifically words it. I know there is a whole little section in the owners manual about setting up you DIC options.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
It makes it nice for those of us close to Canada. We can change it over when visiting and not have to worry about it
I was a dumb ass and completely forgot about the option on my last trip to Canada a few months back.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Maybe that was the wrong choice of words. You can choose whether or not you want your headlights and turn signals to go on and off when you hit the buttons on your key fob. I haven't played around in that menu in a long time so I'm not so sure how it specifically words it. I know there is a whole little section in the owners manual about setting up you DIC options.
oh ok lol i wish i could make the ambers burn on my 07 like the 06s. i wish there was a way to change it.

Quick Reply: Question for new SS owners??