HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Resetting the CHANGE OIL SOON pop-up on the DIC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:34 PM

Resetting the CHANGE OIL SOON pop-up on the DIC?

I'm changing the oil in my SS so I downloaded and printed out the instruction sheet on resetting the CHANGE OIL SOON pop-up in the DIC. I tried (and tried and tried) resetting it per the instructions and am having no luck. If I go to the dealer for the reset do you think they will charge me and/or do I have to prove I just changed the oil? Thanks!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by waloupis
I'm changing the oil in my SS so I downloaded and printed out the instruction sheet on resetting the CHANGE OIL SOON pop-up in the DIC. I tried (and tried and tried) resetting it per the instructions and am having no luck. If I go to the dealer for the reset do you think they will charge me and/or do I have to prove I just changed the oil? Thanks!
well, since you are a twin to me BFM...BFM I don't have the manual in front of me, but I would assume that you can clear that message when your oil life is reset. Just scroll through the DIC until you get your % # and then hold the reset button for about 5 seconds, of course the key must be in the on position, hope that helps...
BTW, I like the color of your SS
Old 07-20-2008, 09:45 PM

Couldn't you prove it with a recipt? Since I drive a Hyundai (yeah I know don't get me started but it's been a awesome car) if the owner changes there own oil it voids warranty. It can be done either through a Hyundai Dealer or a place like Midas. Since they can't prove you know what your doing and your not a professional etc (atleast thats what i have been told).... Chevy don't void the warranty if the owner changes their own oil?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:35 PM

Chevy and for that matter Ford won't void the warranty if you change your own oil. I've never heard of such a thing!

My friends used to change their own oil all of the time, and besides -- Hyundai would have to prove that a faulty oil change is the cause of the problem. How a broken transmission could be the fault of a bad oil change would be beyond me! Or for that matter if your radio died

Originally Posted by Kennys2009HHR
Couldn't you prove it with a recipt? Since I drive a Hyundai (yeah I know don't get me started but it's been a awesome car) if the owner changes there own oil it voids warranty. It can be done either through a Hyundai Dealer or a place like Midas. Since they can't prove you know what your doing and your not a professional etc (atleast thats what i have been told).... Chevy don't void the warranty if the owner changes their own oil?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Have you tried this way?

1......Key on ,not running
2......Step on the gas pedal to the floor 3x in 5 seconds or less.
3......Oil life indicator will go back to 100%