HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

So Close I Can Almost Taste It!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 PM

So Close I Can Almost Taste It!

Just received the latest dealer update and the word is my SS came off the railcar yesterday and is at the CA port awaiting truckload consolidation and delivery to them by end of this week or early next week. Looks like I'm finally in the homestretch!

Ordered the turbo upgrade kit from CrateEngine Depot so the trick is going to be to get it here in time to hopefully get an install at delivery and suck up that maximum warranty term. I'm also up against a 1% increase in our state sales tax effective on April 1 so all this should make for an interesting next week or so.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:06 PM

Ask your dealer to claybar it before you pick it up and get the rail dust off.
Glad to see its almost parked in your garage!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:38 PM

Cool Purchase

Originally Posted by RoadDawg831
Just received the latest dealer update and the word is my SS came off the railcar yesterday and is at the CA port awaiting truckload consolidation and delivery to them by end of this week or early next week. Looks like I'm finally in the homestretch!

Ordered the turbo upgrade kit from CrateEngine Depot so the trick is going to be to get it here in time to hopefully get an install at delivery and suck up that maximum warranty term. I'm also up against a 1% increase in our state sales tax effective on April 1 so all this should make for an interesting next week or so.
Dawg

As long as your dealer has the VIN# you can purchase the car, mine won't be here until April but I'm buying it on the 29th to take advantage of the 0-60 Financing.

Byron
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 AM

I'm not sure they will clay bar it unless you check the paint closely. Try not to be too excited about the new wheels and really take a close up walk around to make sure. I assume the dealer will give you a quick wash(detail) Look real close.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 AM

Soon you will be "tasting" ricers.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
And spittin' em back out.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Ask your dealer to claybar it before you pick it up and get the rail dust off.
Glad to see its almost parked in your garage!!
Thanks! I only want the dealer to wash it off for me to be able to inspect it. It will then go directly to a friend's detail shop for the works, including the clay bar. Did the same thing last year when I bought my Bullitt Mustang and it worked out just fine that way. That car was loaded with rail dust from the MI to CA ride.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
I'm not sure they will clay bar it unless you check the paint closely. Try not to be too excited about the new wheels and really take a close up walk around to make sure. I assume the dealer will give you a quick wash(detail) Look real close.
Yep, I usually spend about 30 minutes going over the whole car top to bottom. Had a nasty experience with one new car I bought from dealer stock once that was damaged in transit and then repaired poorly and I didn't catch it until I got home...last time I buy a car in the rain! After much agitation from me, they re-repaired it correctly and everything was fine with it for the rest of my ownership but I don't care to go through that drama again.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rainman
Dawg

As long as your dealer has the VIN# you can purchase the car, mine won't be here until April but I'm buying it on the 29th to take advantage of the 0-60 Financing.

Byron
Yeah, you can do it that way and I've already got the VIN but I won't buy until I inspect the goods. I'm just cautious I guess. What's the latest info on yours Byron...built yet?

I talked to CrateEngine Depot about the stage kit today and they still don't have 'em. May have to forgo trying to get mine installed at delivery which is not a total loss as it gives me the opportunity to be sure the car is sorted out and running good beforehand and I'll have a baseline to compare the performance afterwards.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
Plenty of those jokers out here, that's for sure!

Quick Reply: So Close I Can Almost Taste It!