HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Exhaust & Intake Kit is out

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM

SS Exhaust & Intake Kit is out

Here is a link to the goods I dont know how good this stuff is but the intake looks cheaply made.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkkMhe0...torsports.com/
Old 06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
jx3

Same one offered by Truckshop........

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/deleted-threads-41/new-cgs-intake-exhaust-2008-hhr-ss-2-0l-turbo-15568/

Must be nice to have someplace local to be a guinea pig for, isn't Charles!
Old 06-06-2008, 01:05 PM

any chance this apploication will fit the cobalt ss/tc?
Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 PM

CGS products are very well made. The intake is mandrel bent and all the welds are smooth. Nice powder coat too.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:29 PM

so i'm not really sure, but i think this should fit the cobalt to, with some modification of the hangers for the exhaust... and i think the intake should fit with no problem since it is the same engine
Old 06-06-2008, 01:54 PM

I dont know I have mixed feelings about both the exhaust and intake, First the intake looks like it just sits there with no box seperating it from the engine which will mean incredible heatsoak. And the "axelback" exhaust yeah let me pay 400 bucks for a muffler and a tip. Sorry but no thanks I will have to see this intakes gains on a dyno cause personally I wouldnt pay a dime for it if it doesnt have some kind of wall blocking heat from the engine this engine runs way too hot for this type of intake.

Also how come they dont show any Pics of these two products on the vehicle seems a little fishy to me.

-Dont they have a lift to take a picture of this amazing "axel-back" exhaust or just the exhaust itself "Lets just take a picture of the tip so people dont know we are ripping them off"

-How come they dont have any pictures of the actual intake and had to show us a generic one. Plus I want to see a dyno with this 18hp gain cause I was pretty sure the computer would take this out but im not an expert.

FINAL WORDS
Its just common sense to take a picture of the product your selling before you announce it. And you know what I hope they look at this post because they should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by GTO to HHR; 06-06-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM

LOL I agree with GTO to HHR
Old 06-06-2008, 01:59 PM

$305 for the intake? I could make that for less than $100 though I'd never go with an open intake without going big turbo. 16 hp gain? That's a joke. Have fun sucking hot air and losing torque with a hp gain of 2-5 hp.

30 hp gain with the catback? Is that another joke? Looks like it's the same diameter as the stock piping. Where's the gain in that? Isn't the stock SS exhaust mandrel bent? What's the stock OD of the stock exhaust? You want a larger diameter exhaust from the turbo back to get faster turbo spool up and get to your power quicker, in other words less turbo lag. It would be a lot cheaper and better to have an exhaust shop custom make you a larger diameter turboback exhaust system with mandrel bends.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by sanddragger28
LOL I agree with GTO to HHR
You know I mean these guys want to be the first ones out with an intake and exhaust to get an influx of orders but I will lay money on it that they dont even have one designed yet. They should be ashamed of themselves or at least show us THE PRODUCT and then I wouldnt be so angry. I dealt with stupid companies before when I bought my GTO when it first came out everyone said they had this and had that but I ended up canceling my orders to quite a few places cause they said they had something before they did.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by white heat
$305 for the intake? I could make that for less than $100 though I'd never go with an open intake without going big turbo. 16 hp gain? That's a joke. Have fun sucking hot air and losing torque with a hp gain of 2-5 hp.

30 hp gain with the catback? Is that another joke? Looks like it's the same diameter as the stock piping. Where's the gain in that? Isn't the stock SS exhaust mandrel bent? What's the stock OD of the stock exhaust? You want a larger diameter exhaust from the turbo back to get faster turbo spool up and get to your power quicker, in other words less turbo lag. It would be a lot cheaper and better to have an exhaust shop custom make you a larger diameter turboback exhaust system with mandrel bends.

Dude its not even a cat back its "AXEL-BACK"

Quick Reply: SS Exhaust & Intake Kit is out