HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS offerings axed including HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
I must be like the black plague of the automotive industry. I bought an Olds - GM killed Olds. I bought a Pontiac - GM is killing Pontiac. I bought an HHR SS - GM is killing it.
Go buy a Honda!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM

considering the Kelly Blue Book is 14K on my '08 SS with 7K, I'm actually happy they're killing the SS, makes me hope that in a few years when I need to sell, I'll get decent $ for my SS. That said, I'm sorry to see it go, IMO, the SS is the only way to go on this car! Loads of fun to drive, yet still economical.

JIm
Old 05-11-2009, 10:44 PM

The SS is a keeper. When I bought mine, i knew i would have to keep the car for a long time, especially since I bought a brand new 2008 in march 2009. The resale market for used car is very depressed right now. Then again, It's not going to improve, since GM is likely to go raise the white flag in the next few weeks...
Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
Why the Impala? Those were sweet cars in an SS version!
The new Impala is rumored as being rear wheel drive, so figure that its going to be a face-lifted G8 so its no surprise that it was given the axe.....I agree cool cars in the SS version, but even better now that they'll be going back to RWD, unless GM decides to mess that one up too
Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by xtremekirk
The new Impala is rumored as being rear wheel drive, so figure that its going to be a face-lifted G8 so its no surprise that it was given the axe.....I agree cool cars in the SS version, but even better now that they'll be going back to RWD, unless GM decides to mess that one up too
Yeah, I heard about that...let's hope it's ture!!!!:twothumbs
Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 AM

The RWD Chevy more then likely will be a Caprice since it is already sold as one in the Middle East. It will be a low volume car like the G8 and we will not see it till the G8's are sold off and none are left. This is not a for sure thing and may never happen but it would be easy to do and profitable in low volume

The FWD Impala is being replaced with a larger FWD. It is is a done deal this car is coming. It will be a high volume car as the present Impala and will be bigger than the Malibu.

Also there is a Alpha program with a small RWD in the works it may under pin the 2017 Camaro.

Note as long as the goverment is involved with GM and the new CAFE and Emission rules are being passed this could all change. It is the goverment to mess this up more than GM. Some are now pushing for 50 MPG plus by 2030 and this will prove to be difficult to do with V8 engines or RWD.

One real outside change too is we may see a El Camino since it is already made by Holden and is set up for our market already. But this is a long shot at best.

The Caprice was shown at the Sidney shown in LAPD colors as a patrol car with G8 wheels and hood but with the Caprice nose used in the middle east. It looked good!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
One real outside change too is we may see a El Camino since it is already made by Holden and is set up for our market already. But this is a long shot at best.
That was already supposed to come to America, but GM canceled that idea. It was going to be a G8 pickup.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 AM

I wonder if they will kill the Chevy Avalanche too? Then I'll own three GM vehicles that have been axed.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
I must be like the black plague of the automotive industry. I bought an Olds - GM killed Olds. I bought a Pontiac - GM is killing Pontiac. I bought an HHR SS - GM is killing it.
You won't go it alone my friend. For me it was an Alero to a Torrent to a HHR.

Quick Reply: SS offerings axed including HHR SS