HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Trans Mount Preferences/Advice - ZZP? TTR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Trans Mount Preferences/Advice - ZZP? TTR?

Hey all,

I'm looking to keep my SS relatively stock with only a few modifications to improve reliability and driving experience. That being said, I've been reading up on trans mount options for the five speed HHR SS and it looks like ZZP and TTR might be the best options from what I've seen online and in the forums. I know these parts are relatively cheap and beneficial upgrade, but I just want to do my homework...I don't post a lot but folks seem really helpful in this forum!

I'd love to get some opinions/advice from folks:

- I'm mechanically inclined but definitely no master mechanic...how difficult is it to stall these pieces? Any tips and tricks?

- From folks that have upgraded their engine mounts, are the benefits really that great? Are there any trade offs?

- I've not ordered from TTR or ZZP....are they good to work with? The reviews I've seen seem pretty positive.

Thanks, y'all.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Turbo Tech Racing is one of our supporting sponsors, their products have been documented here for years, the upper engine mount and the STOP transmission mounts are a great addition to the SS 5 speed, and a rear sway bar !
Old 03-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Technical Moderator

installation is : put a jack with a 2X4 under the oil pan to support the motor, remove the bolts reinstall bolts with new mount.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SuperSam
Hey all,

I'm looking to keep my SS relatively stock with only a few modifications to improve reliability and driving experience. That being said, I've been reading up on trans mount options for the five speed HHR SS and it looks like ZZP and TTR might be the best options from what I've seen online and in the forums. I know these parts are relatively cheap and beneficial upgrade, but I just want to do my homework...I don't post a lot but folks seem really helpful in this forum!

I'd love to get some opinions/advice from folks:

- I'm mechanically inclined but definitely no master mechanic...how difficult is it to stall these pieces? Any tips and tricks?

- From folks that have upgraded their engine mounts, are the benefits really that great? Are there any trade offs?

- I've not ordered from TTR or ZZP....are they good to work with? The reviews I've seen seem pretty positive.

Thanks, y'all.
We have them in stock ready to ship. We are dedicated to the HHR community. If you have any questions, feel free to send us a PM.

Our upper mount is available in many colors to match exactly what your looking for.

Our products come with a detailed install guide with color photos also, makes it simple to install.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Donbrew and Oldblue.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:36 PM

Another vote for TTR mount. Solid quality piece
Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member

(Noticed that the title of this thread says Trans Mount but I'll give my opinion on the related front engine mount )

I have the TTR upper mount in my SS 5 speed. I'm happy with it and it is a quality built piece.
As the picture of mine shows, just 2 nuts and 3 bolts hold it in place. Easy 15-20 min. job to replace.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
As the picture of mine shows, just 2 nuts and 3 bolts hold it in place. Easy 15-20 min. job to replace]
I have one in mine also, but you forgot to include R&I the washer bottle tank to change it out.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

If you mean R&R, no I didn't include that. Wasn't trying to post the whole installation procedure. Just showing the OP a picture so he could get an idea of what the mount looks like.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
If you mean R&R, no I didn't include that. Wasn't trying to post the whole installation procedure. Just showing the OP a picture so he could get an idea of what the mount looks like.
R&I, Remove and Install. R&R, Remove and Repair/Replace.

Quick Reply: Trans Mount Preferences/Advice - ZZP? TTR?