HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

What Now???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:50 PM

What Now???

Did the GMTU, what now? I am thinking Dejon intake... I like the aggressive sound. Any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:46 PM

Get a 3" downpipe and a catback exhaust, several are offered for us SS owners (do a search and you'll find plenty of info here on them). The OEM intake is good enough as-is, or add a K&N filter if you feel the need.

Later
Allex
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM

Prop the lid with some plastic spacers, forget a CAI. Ya can't beat what GM gave you. If K&N could they would have done more a taller lid and bigger filter. The K&N filter will fit under the existing lid and save you $250.00

Spend your money like Alex says, a DP and 3" exhaust followed by some piping bigger IC yada yada yada.(fingers crossed) according to Bill my exhaust will be here this week, can't wait since we're expecting a beautiful and balmy 70 this weekend. Reminds me, Alex, when you got your HAHN setup did it come with gaskets?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Prop the lid with some plastic spacers, forget a CAI. Ya can't beat what GM gave you. If K&N could they would have done more a taller lid and bigger filter. The K&N filter will fit under the existing lid and save you $250.00

Spend your money like Alex says, a DP and 3" exhaust followed by some piping bigger IC yada yada yada.(fingers crossed) according to Bill my exhaust will be here this week, can't wait since we're expecting a beautiful and balmy 70 this weekend. Reminds me, Alex, when you got your HAHN setup did it come with gaskets?
Yeah Foolmoon, It should come with one for the turbo flange IIRC. We just re-used the OEM gasket that goes between the DP and resonator section since I had mine installed just 2 months after I bought my SS. If thwy haven't changed the design, you'll see that one of the hangers on the muffler will be "broken off", it's supposed to be like that per Hahn since this exhaust is the same one used on the Cobalts and per Hahn isn't necessary on the HHR.

Later
Allex
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM

I got a K&N. Asanti... you did a lid raise? Never heard of that.... how much did you raise it?
Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM

should think about transmission mounts mine broke and I only had 36K on them...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Premium Member

lets see,dual exhaust,motor mounts,K&N,stubby,GPS,Tires,third brake overlay,Pedders,Intercooler,Piping,overlays,Trifec ta tune,7" touchscreen,Depos, LED tails.Thats all I can think of off the top of my head I'm sure I missed a few. My favorite is the exhaust rather unique,look
Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:16 AM

The "Short Bus" does have really nice exhaust, I wish XXL was still around, he made a really really nice dual exhaust that side dumped, search his profile I think there is a pic or two of the set-up. He was working on a dual CAI too(home built, but very finished work)

Alex, Since HAHN moved I think they have to build from scratch, I was expecting a cut and moved hanger, but maybe not. Thanks on the gasket info, looking last night, I didn't realize how bungled up, and long the stock DP is. Can't wait to lose it.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
The "Short Bus" does have really nice exhaust, I wish XXL was still around, he made a really really nice dual exhaust that side dumped, search his profile I think there is a pic or two of the set-up. He was working on a dual CAI too(home built, but very finished work)

Alex, Since HAHN moved I think they have to build from scratch, I was expecting a cut and moved hanger, but maybe not. Thanks on the gasket info, looking last night, I didn't realize how bungled up, and long the stock DP is. Can't wait to lose it.
I honestly wouldnt expect much from HAHN to be honest. I still have an extremely bad taste in my mouth from them. I hate doing business with shady people.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by bartSS
I honestly wouldnt expect much from HAHN to be honest. I still have an extremely bad taste in my mouth from them. I hate doing business with shady people.

Same here, I had the BSR...got it like a month after it came out and had some issues down the road reloading the tune, no help from Hahn at all....there goes $1200 down the poopshoot. I won't even look at their products now.