HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Where are the Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=Darkcyde HHR SS;249569]Yeah usually around 5-10 HP with a Catback depending on how free flowin the stock one already is.QUOTE]

Probably not even that with the stock bottleneck at the o2 housing, downpipe and cat. Need to go TBE (turboback exhaust). Then the turbo will be spooling nicely.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Got this from one of the GM Folks:

"No performance upgrade plans at this point. You may want to check GM Accessories for any new non-performance upgrades. And I agree on the fun factor...I'll be buying one myself soon. Thanks.

Phil Colley"
Old 03-27-2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by c2vette
Got this from one of the GM Folks:

"No performance upgrade plans at this point. You may want to check GM Accessories for any new non-performance upgrades. And I agree on the fun factor...I'll be buying one myself soon. Thanks.

Phil Colley"
unfortunately they are not going to announce future plans this early, I have it from within GMPP itself that stage kits havent been announced...yet! (if you get the meaning)
Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Thats just like when I was talking to Chevy Reps at the NAIAS 2007 about the HHR SS when they were coming out. Their reply was "2008 model year if they come out." They aren't gonna say upgrades are coming July otherwise people would wait to buy with upgrades. Look at how many people are waiting to get HHR SS for the brembo brakes to come factory installed if they ever do.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 PM

HHR/SS and HHR Panel/SS

Momma Wolf got her HHR/SS this week (Victory Red ....all the bells and whistles, Silver graphics, Black and Red interior) and she is happy happy happy........I have put on order, when available, a 2009 HHR/SS Victory Red Panel with all the bells and whistles except roof rails.......They will make a good combo to go with my modified Asphalt Black 2005 SSR ......Regards Wolfie
Old 03-30-2008, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by turbo wanabe
I also own a 2007 GXP and just picked up my IBM 5-speed SS last friday. Love the SS. My GXP is Hahn Racecraft's test mule and it was the first GXP that they put the BSR tune in. The BSR tune makes a really big difference in the way the car performs and the Bosch computer doesn't override the tune. The nice thing about the BSR tune is it can be installed and uninstalled in just seconds with the hand held PPC tuner. My GXP is an automatic and the tune was a major improvement. It really pulls hard going through the gears. People that I've taken a ride can't beleive its a four cyl. Here is a link to the GXP tuner. http://www.turbosystem.com/New_Folde...ll%20Sheet.pdf

I've talked to Bill Hahn about the BSR tuner to see if it would work in the SS and he wants me to bring up my SS so he can scan the factory tune and get with BSR to see if it will work or if they are going to make a tune for it. I need to go pick up my GXP (as soon as it is ready) from them as they are doing a turbo upgrade, bigger intercooler and some other neat stuff to it. It should be a real beast when they are done with it.
This link doesnt work.....well it wouldnt open on I/E, It did open on Firefox
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 AM

I received an email back from Hahn Race Craft and they stated that the Tuner mod that they are developing will cost around $1,000 and will be out this summer.

I have no more information then that...No idea on HP gain ...

Too much $$$ for me...
Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by orbitalrage
I received an email back from Hahn Race Craft and they stated that the Tuner mod that they are developing will cost around $1,000 and will be out this summer.

I have no more information then that...No idea on HP gain ...

Too much $$$ for me...
heck with that HPT is only $649 and does 4 cars.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:13 AM

If HPT will finish what they started....Westers Tune is susposably goingto have a tune as well but when people when i say?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_Rocks
heck with that HPT is only $649 and does 4 cars.
Can you reuse it for the 4 cars? This might sound obvious but do they all need to be the same kind of car (all HHR SSs)?

$650 is a much better price...

Quick Reply: Where are the Mods