HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Wish I had kept the SS.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 12:57 PM

Angry Wish I had kept the SS.

Sure wish I had kept the '08 HHR SS/with tune. It was a really nice ride and had really, really low miles (27,000 miles). No rust, no squeaks, no problems. And it had some get up and go. I should have put it in storage and not sold it. I own a '19 XT5 Prem. Lux. now and enjoy the ride completely. But miss the the SS and how it performed. A lot of shouldas and couldas and if I had a second chance... I woulda kept it. Keep the rubber on the road and happy motoring!

Old 02-09-2021, 02:04 PM
Administrator

I hate to say I told you so, but I always regret selling a nice ride. I’ve resolved myself in the fact, I can only drive one at a time, insure one at a time, afford one at a time. It still stings, doesn’t it .
Old 02-09-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
I hate to say I told you so, but I always regret selling a nice ride. I’ve resolved myself in the fact, I can only drive one at a time, insure one at a time, afford one at a time. It still stings, doesn’t it .
Sting is "THEE" word for it. I sold it to a friend's wife and see it at their funeral business's parking lot. At least she hasn't changed a thing.
Old 02-09-2021, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Maybe she’ll sell it back to you, can’t hurt to ask.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

Hindsight seems to always be 20-20.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Administrator

A word to the wise, imagine all the possibilities before you sell your ride! Will you miss it? Yup! Will you regret it, Yup! Can you ever replace it? Nope!!
Now I know , first hand that the COF / wife will always be the main reason to sell your beloved ride, I’ve experienced that tight anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, sometimes we get over it, sometimes we don’t. If we sell our ride, we must stand in resolve that we did the right thing, that we did our custodial duty and passed that ride to the next person to give them a chance to enjoy and cherish that ride!
We must think happy thoughts, and enjoy our new rides.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:12 AM

A word to the wise, imagine all the possibilities before you sell your ride! Will you miss it? Yup! Will you regret it, Yup! Can you ever replace it? Nope!!
Now I know , first hand that the COF / wife will always be the main reason to sell your beloved ride, I’ve experienced that tight anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, sometimes we get over it, sometimes we don’t. If we sell our ride, we must stand in resolve that we did the right thing, that we did our custodial duty and passed that ride to the next person to give them a chance to enjoy and cherish that ride!
And cringe as that ride passes you on the street and disappears in the rear view mirror...Amen!
Old 02-15-2021, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Blue- Well thought statement. I agree 100%

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
And cringe as that ride passes you on the street and disappears in the rear view mirror...Amen!
Cokeybill- Yes there's that, & ain't it the truth..
Old 02-16-2021, 10:04 AM
Administrator

I still see my 1966 Mercury Meteor S33 at car shows , my 1974 Plymouth Valiant, still has the 440 I stuffed in to the engine bay , my 1979 F150 short box Flareside, it’s still driven daily in the nicer weather! Once in a while I see Oldblue, my 1988 C1500, and Oldblue, HHR .
It’s great to see they are all being taken care of , kept clean and driven often!
Old 04-13-2021, 10:12 AM

This car was just sold in Canada and shipped to California. Saw it on one of the Facebook HHR groups, in the past week. (Of course now I can’t find it.) Buyer commented one how cool he thought it was to have the Canada RPO code.

Quick Reply: Wish I had kept the SS.