HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

WOW. Might be getting mine on Sun.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:19 PM

WOW. Might be getting mine on Sun.

Just got off the phone with a guy from a nearby dealership. I called him weeks ago because he actually had the Black SS with Blk/Blk interior (wanted red but not a biggie), 5 speed, sunroof, premium sound, side airbags and LSD. The problem was I still have til Nov. on my Jeep lease and don't feel like making 2 payments.

Last fri I get this thing in the mail from GM saying they will give up to $2000 to get me out of my nonGM lease and into a GM. Then last night I get a call from above dealership and the guy tells me that they are giving 0% for 72 mos. I told him that I was thinking about holding out for an '09 to get the Brembos and 1/2 Panel with the red interior but that if he gives me the $2000 AND the 0% I would come in Sun. and take it for a Test drive and seriously consider signing. Without blinking, he said "OK". AND he said he would give it to me for $200 over invoice!

I'm waiting to get down there and hear the catch. Is this too good to be true? Would I be an @ss to pass this up?? I think so.

i might be joining the ranks alot sooner than I thought.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 PM

Sounds good to me, but think about it... how often is 0% for 72 months done? I would do it because once the 2009's come out it might be a while
Old 06-25-2008, 09:04 PM

sounds good to me also, you will get "the bug" once you drive the SS
Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 PM

Oh yes! That bug has bitten me.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 PM

I don't know, honestly if you REALLY want red, get it. It's an amazing combo.

That's one option that I would not budge on when I was looking.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
I don't know, honestly if you REALLY want red, get it. It's an amazing combo.

That's one option that I would not budge on when I was looking.
I don't want a red exterior. I want a Black one, but I was leaning toward the black/red interior. But for 0% for 72mo, $200 over invoice and $2000 to take care of the rest of my Jeep lease. I think I'd be stupid to not take it because the interior is all black. I can always upgrade the brakes to Brembos or better when I buy the new rims.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 PM

yeah i loved it when my guy said 0% everything, what you owe now youll owe then it dont go up and it was the only orange 1 they could find in a 500 mile radius from here so i went for it.... later i plan on changing the black leather inserts and all to orange leather at a local upholstry shop
Old 06-25-2008, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by lzrdking
...later i plan on changing the black leather inserts and all to orange leather at a local upholstry shop
That is something to think about down the road.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheBug
I don't want a red exterior. I want a Black one, but I was leaning toward the black/red interior. But for 0% for 72mo, $200 over invoice and $2000 to take care of the rest of my Jeep lease. I think I'd be stupid to not take it because the interior is all black. I can always upgrade the brakes to Brembos or better when I buy the new rims.
Yeah, I was talking about the red/black interior. It's awesome, but the deal is a very good one.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by lzrdking
yeah i loved it when my guy said 0% everything, what you owe now youll owe then it dont go up and it was the only orange 1 they could find in a 500 mile radius from here so i went for it.... later i plan on changing the black leather inserts and all to orange leather at a local upholstry shop
I was thinking they should have done orange and black interior and blue and black. But that's just my opinion. However I still probably would have gone with red and black, I love it!

Quick Reply: WOW. Might be getting mine on Sun.