Inactive Classified Ads Where inactive Classified Ads are archived for reference, and possible reinstatement, if the OP still desires after the normal 60 day period of open activity ceases.

chrome or blk roof rails with a template

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:04 AM
Banned

i can send with the crews but u will need to buy or get the nut zerts and tool to install them unless u pull the headliner lose and just use nuts and washers
Old 02-20-2019, 11:11 AM

Opinions please...black or chrome roof rails?

I know it's a longshot, but what are the chances you have a base plate (for flat tow with tow bar) for a 2009 HHR? I just purchased this car, and am fitting it for flat tow behind my RV. I will be needing some other parts in the future, but the flat tow takes priority since I'm going to be traveling very soon with the RV and need to get the base plate and tow bar (it's all I'm missing). Thanks, Jenny
PS....I am interested in roof rails, but in the more distant future.....that will be when I'm ready to add toting a canoe on top off the HHR while flat towing it. My dilemma is do I go with chrome or black roof rails? The car has chrome grill, rims, and mirrors...but I don't think chrome roof rails are going to pop. Plus I'm also going to need the crossbars which will most likely have some black, pretty sure I'm not going to find chrome crossbars (unless I pay fortune). What do you all think? Thanks again, Jenny
Old 02-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Dave, I'll Text ya... I'd like to get a Roof Rail template from you too.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:05 PM

Opinions needed--chrome or black roof rails?

I want to buy a set of roof rails, but chrome or black? I'm leaning towards black, as when I buy the crossbars they will most likely have some black and/or aluminum finishes....pretty sure I won'd find chrome crossbars and don't think they'd be too durable for toting a canoe/kayaks on them. Help me decide my fellow HHR peeps! Thanks! I'm in Rocky Mount, NC by the way...............
Old 02-20-2019, 08:08 PM
Banned

if u are waiting for a pattern i made them today and will ship tommorow if i have your address if i don't send it to me i will make more ,,, thanks again dave also the cross bars look more chrome then blk so i would go with chrome as u have a lot of chrome now lmk i only have one set of all blk

temps sent out priority mail , 2/21

Last edited by hellshotrod; 02-21-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

i want to do this...but i dont have the confidence to pull the trigger and start drilling holes etc in my roof.
I need to figure out a rack system, since I now have kayaks to carry around now - oh boy
Old 02-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Banned

very easy with a pattern its only 8 holes and i think most HF have nut zert kits which make it very easy lmk
Old 02-22-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by skyline26
i want to do this...but i dont have the confidence to pull the trigger and start drilling holes etc in my roof.
I need to figure out a rack system, since I now have kayaks to carry around now - oh boy
its easy peasy--just have a few drinks and get to drilling!

i did it myself back on my first hhr by following this great write up
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...install-21088/
and in the 3 years after i had absolutely no problems with it at all--no leaks or anything. using the templates are key--measure twice, drill once.
good luck if you choose to do it--great price for a set in this thread.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:42 PM
Banned

thanxs tab ,,,,,,,, it is easy iv done to many my self now , buy buy buy fast as all my parts are gone go very soon I'm 55 and gone change my life soon !!!!!!! my ezy boy is looking good lol,,,,,,,
Old 02-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Banned

hi if u are waiting on a pattern i made more today and will send one out thur, thanks dave