Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hello from the worst weather state for an H.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM

Hello from the worst weather state for an H.

Hi there. I'm from Iowa, and the weather here SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS for metal!

I have a 2008 2LT, auto-dimming mirror, 2.4L engine (which I've disabled the traction control many times to spin both tires), Pioneer system, all steering wheel controls, base level radio (AM/FM/CD/Aux), black with chrome trim pieces.

I'm looking to mod it down the road, but not while I have the extended warranty.

Mod goals:

New double-din aftermarket radio (in such, possibly hijacking the factory mic for the use of bluetooth speakerphone) But trying to figure out where I can find a radio to splice in the steering wheel controls to run the aftermarket radio.
New speakers, possibly adding a couple to the rear gate.
Upgrading lights: headlights, fog lights, interior, rear lights.

I'm happy with the factory rims, but I might upgrade the tires when it comes time.

My brother and I are possibly talking about converting the body kit to an SS, then painting classic hot rod flames on it.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Premium Member

welcome to the site tallicdeth, and congratulations on your new HHR 2LT. You should enjoy the seat heat where you live.....
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM

Welcome

Welcome to the group. Lots of good info here. I have been helped a lot.

2008 HHR 3 Window panel.

Mods:
Custom billet grills, upper and lower, hood scoop, full moon wheel covers, added OEM running boards because I really like how they look, exterior sunvisor; got a lot of compliments on the wheel covers and sunvisor, blue dot tail lights, and by next week I'll have a sunroof installed.

Intending to install a Turbo later this summer.

Boydie

Originally Posted by tallicdeth

I have a 2008 2LT, auto-dimming mirror, 2.4L engine (which I've disabled the traction control many times to spin both tires), Pioneer system, all steering wheel controls, base level radio (AM/FM/CD/Aux), black with chrome trim pieces.

I'm looking to mod it down the road, but not while I have the extended warranty.

Mod goals:

New double-din aftermarket radio (in such, possibly hijacking the factory mic for the use of bluetooth speakerphone) But trying to figure out where I can find a radio to splice in the steering wheel controls to run the aftermarket radio.

I'm happy with the factory rims, but I might upgrade the tires when it comes time.

My brother and I are possibly talking about converting the body kit to an SS, then painting classic hot rod flames on it.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by tallicdeth

Mod goals:

Welcome!

I have a layer of salt on my car and its almost April. I would argue that weather statement!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 PM

Welcome to the site.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM

Worst weather?

I don't know for sure but I have to second the comment from our Buffalo NY friend, I am sporting a good layer of salt on the HHR too here in Lowville NY! Ready for spring and getting her all cleaned up!