Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Hello x 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Hello x 2

I am from Monroe, NC, outside of Charlotte. I just got the loaded Silver 2009 SS HHR with limited slip...of course, manual trans.

I also pre-purchased with the loan the Stage 1 kit, the cat-back exhaust (tour...not as ricey), and open air intake. With USAA, military, 4500 cash for clunkers, GM card with 3200 dollars/points toward purchase, 2000 rebate, and some negotiating. I got a 28,000 vehicle (plus about 2000 for the extras mentioned thrown in with parts and installation when the kit arrives)...so really 30,000 (MSRP)...for 18,000. Less than $330 payments a month with a 4.98 interest rate. I am happy and the wife is happy. I have 148 miles on it, of which 20 are mine so far. I love it.

I can tell her, 30 mpg+ highway (even with the GMPD additions, without stomping on it), hatch back with a truck bed type practicality. 4 seats and 4 doors...the only SS model now with 4 doors (cobalt sedan is done in 2009). Its got headroom (I am 6'2"/6'3" and 230...I workout) and room for what appears to be a small vehicle. We're working on starting a family and gas is always a concern with budgets...the price, the value, the productivity, and practicality are awesome...the sunroof, XM, bluetooth, mp3, and 7 speaker pioneer stereo are nice as well.

I can tell my boys...it will do 0-60 in under 6 six, with over 300WHP (after GMPD mods and stage 1). It broke the nurnbergring lap time for its class. 18" wheels. Turbocharged goodness with LCD readout. Limited slip differential, brembo brakes (fronts), sway bar (front), performance suspension, launch control, no-lift shifts, and SS badging and stitching...and, while they're filling up at the station, I am blowing by them not having to fill for a loooong time.

I am going to get the front windows tinted to match, HID kit (8k...blueish white...acura-like) with tilting magnets to do high or low beam throw, matching fog lights, and a precision rear sway bar...right off the bat.

The grill needs to be changed for me. Its the one thing that's so-so with the looks for me. I might do lighted sills as well.

All this said, I am giddy about this car. Giddy. Its a win-win-win-win.

One of my favorite things about it is there's only less than 4500 a year made. of silver, probably 500. Silver loaded...performance package with LSD...50-100 in the world. With my changes...there will be one like it. ONE. That's cool. Really, really cool.

The dealer could only find 3 2009 HHR SS' in the 450 mile range. That's Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Nashville, etc. Three. And only 1 with LSD/performance. I got it. I love it. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to talking with all of you guys and maybe meeting up, if you guys do that. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 AM

and congratulations!

You sound like I did when I first got mine 6/16/09, wait I still sound that excited.

I got the stage kit done a couple of days ago and it was worth the ~$700.
I drove about 200 miles to get it done at an experienced Chevy service cave.
It was balsy before and now it's just stupid fast.

I'm a DSM (Talon, Eclipse) modded AWD turbo2liter guy so it takes real power to make me happy.
I'm happy.

Enjoy your ride and thanks for the service if you're military
Old 08-08-2009, 11:38 AM

I also have another question. I've read the part number is available for the 08-09 HHR SS & Cobalt SS (LNF) stage 1 kit...but its not ready, and yet, I've read several posts on here where people say they have the GM stage 1 kit...how?

http://www.gmtunersource.com/index.p...grade--july-31
http://gmtunersource.com/index.php/b...update-85--qaa

As far as I know, I still have to wait for mine until September release...correct?

Also, if I got it taken care of with parts and service as part of my loan/deal...I don't know if I can go elsewhere to get it done. Where is a "chevy cave" and what is that?

By the way thanks!!! I am am stoked!

And lastly, random comment, that one posters' harley edition red panel is just nuts. Absolutely sick job on that.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM

Experienced Chevy service cave:
1.) Rare Dealership that has experience performing the Stage 1 turbo upgrade on a HHR SS with good, positive reviews (I just made it up).
Old 08-08-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mowgli
Experienced Chevy service cave:
1.) Rare Dealership that has experience performing the Stage 1 turbo upgrade on a HHR SS with good, positive reviews (I just made it up).
So,
1. How did you already get the stage 1?
2. How do I find one of these experienced, well-reviewed caves in my area?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:35 PM

I think many people get them here:
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...P2292C111.aspx

I got mine off Epay for $485

The part number is 19212670

The best place to start a search is: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/search.php

We have a few threads about the Stage 1 installation in NorthEast
There probably are some in your area.

The best way to find a good service department is search the forums, then ask any unanswered questions.
I asked some people that had at first recommended where they had it done but updated with issues that developed over time when I asked.
I wound up driving 200 miles to Newburgh NY because our local dealers are all on crack.

Barton Birks Chevrolet performed flawlessly, soldered as per my request, had a sense of humor, charged me the recommended 2.0 hours and had me outa there by 10:30 AM.
All as agreed on by phone before I left my driveway.

Do your homework and it'll be a smooth upgrade.

Have fun!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Welcome to the site & congrats !
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mowgli
and congratulations!

You sound like I did when I first got mine 6/16/09, wait I still sound that excited.

I got the stage kit done a couple of days ago and it was worth the ~$700.
I drove about 200 miles to get it done at an experienced Chevy service cave.
It was balsy before and now it's just stupid fast.

I'm a DSM (Talon, Eclipse) modded AWD turbo2liter guy so it takes real power to make me happy.
I'm happy.

Enjoy your ride and thanks for the service if you're military
Originally Posted by SOMBERSHARK0714
Welcome to the site & congrats !
Thanks so much. I am excited to talk about the HHR SS, the mods I do, and get feedback from others here. I am flying high right now.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Neogenic
Thanks so much. I am excited to talk about the HHR SS, the mods I do, and get feedback from others here. I am flying high right now.
Wait... The fun just begins.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Hello and Welcome!!!