Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

Just joined the SS Club - 6/27/09

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Just joined the SS Club - 6/27/09

Howdy all...bought myself a 2009 HHR SS in Victory Red (manual) and so far am loving it! From 2005-07 I drove a 2005 PT Cruiser GT (got rid of it after two years due to annoying quality issues, though the 2.4L 220 HP engine was terrific), and though I did have fun with that car, I'm enjoying the HHR SS a whole lot more.

Only problem...I have the slightly darker front doors issue that seems to afflict some Victory Reds. (Nope, didn't notice it until three days later.) The dealer seems very amenable to correcting the problem...I go back to the dealer in a week to have them take a look. It was a thread here (mismatched paint) that helped my cause.

Anyway, one question to start: has anyone swapped out the painted door handles for OEM chrome handles? I haven't seen any. Just curious.

Looking forward to hanging out on here and seeing what everyone's done...I made quite a few mods to a 2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle (an out-of-control tow truck plowed into it while it was parked), and made some mode to the '05 GT. Not planning on a lot of stuff with the HHR (a wife and 10.5-month old daughter will do that), but hopefully some Stage 1 goodness, some chrome trim, and a little custom painting will find their way onto my HHR.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 PM

Welcome to the HHR familia!
I have seen pix of an Imperial Blue Metallic SS on here with the chrome handles and it looks awesome--but I am partial to chrome while others seem to run from it.

And we like pix!

@ngelita
Old 07-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Devils950003
Not planning on a lot of stuff with the HHR (a wife and 10.5-month old daughter will do that)
I feel ya on that one Thats the reason I'm driving a '08 LS instead of the '09 SS panel I wanted. The wife didn't seem to like the idea of not having a back seat for a baby seat

You picked a good car and great site
Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 PM

welcome

welcome to the SS family.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Welcome!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 PM

Just like the rest of us, you'll have fun with your new toy.. No doubts.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_SS_QC

Just like the rest of us, you'll have fun with your new toy.. No doubts.
Oh I am. I traded in the PT for an '07 Ford Escape XLT (vista blue w/silver painted body cladding)...we knew we were going to expand the family soon, and we needed at least one vehicle w/4WD, being that we live on a mountain. Once my wife had our daughter (Natalie), she took the Escape (that was planned), and I took her '06 Nissan Altima 2.5S. It was a fine car for what it was, and fairly peppy to boot, but I really missed driving something FUN! The Altima was so damn no-frills. These last two weeks I really feel like I've rediscovered the joy of driving...I didn't realize how much I'd missed it...it's sooooooooo exhiliarating to wake up and be filled with excitement to simply get behind the wheel again! And simply to SHIFT! Automatics just don't do it for me. (Nothing against anyone who DOES drive an auto of course!)

The downside (not really a downside) is now I'm back to caring about how my car looks, to parking as far away from other cars as possible, to being paranoid about scratches and dings. I take care of the Escape and took care of the Altima, but suffice it to say the passion isn't anywhere near what I felt with my '01 NB, my '05 PT...and now my '09 SS. It's great to have it back.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I think I'm going to have some fun here.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by txbass06
I feel ya on that one Thats the reason I'm driving a '08 LS instead of the '09 SS panel I wanted. The wife didn't seem to like the idea of not having a back seat for a baby seat

You picked a good car and great site
Before I could buy it, we had to do the baby seat test. I shudder to think what might have happened had it not fit. At the point I had already test-driven it twice, and suffice it to say that I REEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLY wanted it....very very badly.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Devils950003
Howdy all...bought myself a 2009 HHR SS in Victory Red (manual) and so far am loving it! From 2005-07 I drove a 2005 PT Cruiser GT (got rid of it after two years due to annoying quality issues, though the 2.4L 220 HP engine was terrific), and though I did have fun with that car, I'm enjoying the HHR SS a whole lot more.

Only problem...I have the slightly darker front doors issue that seems to afflict some Victory Reds. (Nope, didn't notice it until three days later.) The dealer seems very amenable to correcting the problem...I go back to the dealer in a week to have them take a look. It was a thread here (mismatched paint) that helped my cause.

Anyway, one question to start: has anyone swapped out the painted door handles for OEM chrome handles? I haven't seen any. Just curious.

Looking forward to hanging out on here and seeing what everyone's done...I made quite a few mods to a 2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle (an out-of-control tow truck plowed into it while it was parked), and made some mode to the '05 GT. Not planning on a lot of stuff with the HHR (a wife and 10.5-month old daughter will do that), but hopefully some Stage 1 goodness, some chrome trim, and a little custom painting will find their way onto my HHR.
I went thru the paint problem with GM they are standing behind there paint job, you're just wasteing your time, I have a panel and it sticks out like a sore thumbget it

Quick Reply: Just joined the SS Club - 6/27/09