Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New HHR Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 PM

New HHR Owner

Hello

My first post. I just picked up my new Red HHR 2008 Panel. Love it so far. I am looking for a second row of seats if anyone knows where I can find some. Color is grey. Sold my 1992 Shorty Safari van last week so I could get an HHR.

Thanks!

Last edited by Givememana; 03-05-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Welcome. I bought my seat at a local junk yard for $50. They were dirty from sitting in the car with door off but cleaned up nicely.

Your local junk (salvage) yard is the best place to look. Don't forget the seat belts, bolts, etc.

Boydie

Originally Posted by Givememana
Hello

My first post. I just picked up my new Red HHR 2008 Panel. Love it so far. I am looking for a second row of seats if anyone knows where I can find some. Color is grey. Sold my 1992 Shorty Safari can last week so I could get an HHR.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will find a seat here, you will need door panels too, check with American and Proud he did a very nice job with that mod to a panel.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will find a seat here, you will need door panels too, check with American and Proud he did a very nice job with that mod to a panel.
Why would I need door panels? I just want to put a second row of seats in my Panel. I think I read on here that it was possible. So I need a row of seats and seat belts? am I missing something?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boydie
Welcome. I bought my seat at a local junk yard for $50. They were dirty from sitting in the car with door off but cleaned up nicely.

Your local junk (salvage) yard is the best place to look. Don't forget the seat belts, bolts, etc.

Boydie

If I get a chance I am going to check my local junkyard for them. Supposed to snow tomorrow. So it may have to wait some.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

That could be the other way around, you need door panels if you install a panel box. That's why I referred you to a expert. Are you planning on releasing the captives with the popper ? Anyway welcome to the site.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Anyone have one of these Visors?

http://www.cruisermotorsports.com/HHRVisors.html

Are there any others still available?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Welcome to the site. Search for this as several have completed this and these postings will show you all of the pitfalls. I do remember some one having a clearence problem with the standard door panels but I don't rember the exact cause.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM

You can install a rear seat in your panel without changing the rear door panels you just won't have inside door pulls. Mine has been that way for a few years now. When you get your seat from the junk yard you will also need the bin compartment behind the rear seat also there are three tabes that bolt under the bin for car seat tether. I forgot to get them from the doner car my rear seat came from. It works fine with out them if you do use a car seat. It's a ez install it all bolts in with no problem the only hitch was the bolts for the seat belts on mine were not threaded. Other than that its just a bolt in project no cutting or drilling required. Welcome to the site

Quick Reply: New HHR Owner