Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

NEW member....08 HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by KissMy08SS
Are these motor mounts pretty easy to install?
It's a single mount and pretty easy to install. You will need metric tools though. I did it without removing the airbox using a swivel and an extension with a deep socket. Although some say that the airbox just lifts out (including the Helm service manual which you can see in the pic is not the SS box) it did not on my car. Easy job just take your time. The sway bar is even easier with ramps and two c clamps.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:25 PM

I actually joined back in August....but I finally got my account going today...so now, I can finally start posting!

Anyhow, I've been watching this site for a few months now and doing my homework. I have a 2008 HHR SS Auto. Black/Red interior. So far, I've had the GMS1 installed, got ahold of Vince for a custom Trifecta Tune (which is bad a**), Scan Gauge II, lowered, K&N, DEPO headlamps, blacked out emblems, all lens's, and every window including the windshield blacked out. HID's, all of the "chrome plating" in the interior redone to silver.

Those are just a couple things. Still wanting to go with aftermarket turbo piping, catless downpipe, & whatever else to squeeze a few extra ponies out.

Before I bought it...still on the lot:

I traded in my 2004 Scion xB Release Series, Hot Lava Orange, 5 Speed, Supercharged, 18" wheels #1549 0f 2100 made for the SS. I'll get some "up to date" picture before long...with the DEPO headlamps, tinted lens and such.
Hey cool stuff. Where did u get the small "SS" emblem that u put on your dash? I've been looking for one but all I can find is the white SS for the new camaros
Old 10-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Where did u get the small "SS" emblem that u put on your dash? I've been looking for one but all I can find is the white SS for the new camaros
I worked at a body shop for years before I started my own PDR business. Throughout the years...I collected tons and tons of emblems. I looked through my stash and found the small "SS" emblem. It used to be red...but I painted it silver to match the rest of the car. Anyhow....I'm pretty sure it was removed from a later model Monte Carlo SS deck lid. Should still be able to get them.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:48 AM

pretty sure....these are it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Monte-...item1e67d07937
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM

I worked at a body shop for years before I started my own PDR business. Throughout the years...I collected tons and tons of emblems. I looked through my stash and found the small "SS" emblem. It used to be red...but I painted it silver to match the rest of the car. Anyhow....I'm pretty sure it was removed from a later model Monte Carlo SS deck lid. Should still be able to get them.

Oh I see, I thought maybe they were taken off a cobalt SS. Looks good. Gives it a cooler sporty look.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:58 PM

Cool thanks, I also noticed your gauge what did you use to mount it on the steering wheel? 3M tape? and how did you hide the cord from the gauge to the diagnostic plug?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:47 PM

Welcome back to the site. Sweet ride, I see you're also on the SS Facebook page. Couldn't figure where I saw your HHR. lol.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:35 PM

@ Tyler Harvey: Yep, that be me! Thanks for the welcome!

I also noticed your gauge what did you use to mount it on the steering wheel? 3M tape? and how did you hide the cord from the gauge to the diagnostic plug?
First...I took apart the scangaugeII itself. Drilled 2 small holes in the housing. Then removed the plastic shroud and drilled 2 holes into it. Attached the 2 using screws and nuts. While I was at it....I hid the wire that connects to the diagnostic plug through the dash. Worked out perfect. I can snap some pictures if that would help you out
Old 10-22-2011, 02:42 PM

@ Tyler Harvey: Yep, that be me! Thanks for the welcome!

First...I took apart the scangaugeII itself. Drilled 2 small holes in the housing. Then removed the plastic shroud and drilled 2 holes into it. Attached the 2 using screws and nuts. While I was at it....I hid the wire that connects to the diagnostic plug through the dash. Worked out perfect. I can snap some pictures if that would help you out
Darn I kinda wanted avoid any drilling. I'm afraid i might crew it up. But yes please post some pics if its not too much trouble. It could give me a better idea. I definably want that scan gauge. I was looking into the Aeroforce scan gauges but those are wayyy expensive.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM

Welcome to the site from one black '08 SS to another !!

Quick Reply: NEW member....08 HHR SS