Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New Member Alert!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:34 PM

New Member Alert!

Hello all-
I just joined but have been lurking for a couple of weeks. This site has been very helpful in getting me our '07 HHR. Long story short, I couldn't find one in our price range that wasn't junk. I got frustrated and started looking for another hatchback.

But on the way to drive a Mazda 3 Hatch I saw a silver HHR on a lot. I looked at it but he wouldn't budge on my offer which was more than I wanted to spend, and way more than it was worth. So I find another on CL, but was nervous about front end damage and "Service Air Bag" light. He was trying to blow it off as a fuse or something.

Well, while I was driving the 2nd car I spotted our HHR in a yard. Didn't think anything of it, just thought it was funny because I thought I couldn't find one and here were 3 candidates in one day. So after telling #2 I'd think about it I happen to drive by the yard (gps took me back by it on the way home, no kidding) and the young lady was out messing with it. I slow down and talk to her and she says it's a good car but another lady is coming at 6 pm but can only pay $xxxx.

So I look at it and take it for a drive. The first time I hit the brakes I feel like the wheels are going to fall off. But thanks to you guys I didn't bat an eye. Just mentioned it. ..... I get it for a little more than the lady due at 6 and put my tag on it, re-park it next to the drive way, and take the only key.

Since owning it I have replaced the front rotors and pads (Napa), changed the plugs and air filter (check engine light went off), bought near perfect 16" rims on CL (she must have hit every curb in Orlando), and ordered key fob, spare keys, back mat, and rain visors.

My truck overheated and I needed a new car ASAP and love the HHR. Sorry to be so long winded but thank you all for your wealth of knowledge in my search and purchase of "Sandy". She will get me to work for the next 2 months and then be pulled behind our motorhome to see the country for a while.
Attached Thumbnails New Member Alert!-sandy-hhr.jpg  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:44 PM

Hi WanderSmiths, to the forums!!

I edited your post to give us some places to breathe without losing our place.

Glad that the forums have helped you get your new to you HHR roadworthy!
Old 03-16-2017, 12:48 PM

For fun you should check out CarComplaints.com | Car Problems, Car Complaints, & Repair/Recall Information...... All the complaints listed for the HHR are all the most common and easily fixed ones that all of us have encountered. Its fun reading through knowing right off the bat what the issue is.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Technical Moderator

Moved to introductions.

Welcome!

Be sure to at least inspect and adjust the rear brakes.

You would think if the airbag warning was just a fuse they would have spent the $0.20 to fix it. I many states it is not legal to sell a car with faulty safety equipment. It is at least a liability claim lurking.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! Nice ride!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 PM

Welcome! That is an excellent color I have not seen on an HHR yet.
Kind of a champagne color to me, a lot like my wife's old Chrysler LHS.

Enjoy!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:41 PM

Welcome to the Site