Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

new nor cal HHR girl :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by bunkie
Welcome Kim,it's nice to see another nor-cal member. Be sure and check out the Nor-Cal HHR club. Look forward to meeting you!
i emailed my application in over the weekend for the nor-cal club
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by chadpuska
Welcome to the circus!!
Its a circus!?!?

I like this circus then.
Full of funny looking yet sexy cars!

Ill be the clown!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:04 PM

Oh yeah if you want a short intenna for now. Just cut the stock one in half. It saves money and helps on the looks for free! I did it to mine cuz I was lazy to pay 10 bucks and wait for it to come to me. It still gets the same amount of signal.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by GrotesqueFetus6
Oh yeah if you want a short intenna for now. Just cut the stock one in half. It saves money and helps on the looks for free! I did it to mine cuz I was lazy to pay 10 bucks and wait for it to come to me. It still gets the same amount of signal.
i think ill try that... i havent even used my normal radio yet. im hooked on the XM and on using my ipod in my car lol so signal strength doesnt matter to me
Old 08-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by kimsicle
i think ill try that... i havent even used my normal radio yet. im hooked on the XM and on using my ipod in my car lol so signal strength doesnt matter to me
I know what you mean lol. I don't even use the radio. So the fact the thing is sitting there makes me annoy.

But yeah just cut tat the part where it gets fat. And then if you want to cover the silver inside. Just get a marker of some spray paint.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM

My stubby is just for "show" and I rarely listen to the radio (usually just news stations for traffic). I have the PAL attachment and just listen to the Nano or an occasional cd.

Never thought about cutting the "fishing pole"! Good idea, Grotesque!

@ngelita..
Old 08-17-2009, 02:04 PM

Welcome, Kim!
Maybe we'll see you at a NorCal event soon!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:37 PM

to the site all the way from us here in Texas! You'll find alot of friendly and informative folks here! BTW, the excitement never runs out.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:30 PM

Welcome! Car chix rule!

I had my eyes on an SS Blue Flash Metallic since last year... But couldn't afford an SS, and didn't find any of the Blue Flash Metallic colors used.

I like the orange, but my Dad owns an orange hot rod, so I didn't wanna copy him. :P

I had never seen my color before, but am glad I was able to get my hands on it! I see people checking out the color all the time!
Are they checking out the driver or the unique color? Welcome!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Heya Kim,

I just sent you an email. Welcome to the club!

Karl

Hi all! afs9 suggested I write a little intro, so here goes:

I'm a 26 year old girlie from Nor Cal. I fell in love with the HHR when they first came out, but I couldn't afford one. I bought a 2007 Trailblazer in Nov 08, and last week I decided that 13-15mpg just wasn't cutting it (plus I'm single with no kids, so why do I need a huge SUV with the towing package?). So I started looking online at local used HHRs, and I saw one that said "Golden Teal Metallic." I googled the color and fell in love...

And it just so happens that my friend's father in law works at the dealership that had the HHR listed, so I gave him a call... I ended up getting $2300 MORE than I paid for the Trailblazer on trade in, and talked them down another $1000 on the difference. Turned in some old savings bonds, and used the money I received the weekend before for selling my old 66 VW bug, and brought my HHR home on Thursday, August 14th!

I named her Gia, and it seems that maybe she has all of the options available on the LT2? She has cashmere leather interior, sun roof, the 17" chrome wheels, chrome door handles and roof rails. I discovered that she has the remote start and that I can plug my iPod in and listen to it through the speakers, yesterday. She has the 7 Speaker Pioneer Amplified Sound System and I set up the XM radio on Friday.

I've grown up immersed in the local hot rod scene and I am a TOTAL car chick. My dad restored a 31 Model A pickup while I was growing up, and I was always(still am) at the shows with him. We both also belong to the Nor Cal Aircooled VW Group, and regularly attend meetings with them. I sold my 66 VW bug a week ago because it needed a lot of work, and I'm now on the look out for a cheap ragtop bug to cruise around in as well.

But I will ALWAYS be a Chevy Girl, no matter what. Gia is the fourth Chevy I have owned. I'm looking forward to customizing her. Right now I'm thinking chrome door sills, chrome antenna, and chrome tail light rings.

Here are a few photos of Gia from Thursday afternoon:

Quick Reply: new nor cal HHR girl :)