Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New owner of '09 Victory Red LT

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:48 AM

New owner of '09 Victory Red LT

Hi all,

Writing from LA (Lower Alabama) where Winter is just a general idea.

Glad to have found this forum, it has already helped me solve several issues with my newly purchased (very) used HHR. Bought it on Thursday, and already spent several hundred on replacement parts and slight mods for it. Now just waiting for them to arrive. This will be my new daily driver so I can keep my '07 Mustang California Special ragtop parked a lot more.

Very pleased with the purchase. According to KBB, I really stole the thing paying about half of the book value. It has been abused a bit, but runs strong and the body is straight. Have ordered a new BT head unit and speakers, keys and fobs, wheel covers and a couple of TPM sensors.

I am also looking at some Cover King seat covers from CARID. Anyone have them?

Anyway, looking forward to participating here as I can.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase.

Hey. I'm right down the road from you off Hwy 32 by Fish River. Need any help or info, just ask. Heck, I could even stop by and help if you need it.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Hi George,

Thank you! I saw some of your posts while lurking the past couple of days and was coveting your SS. Since this was just supposed to be a bargain daily driver, my wife wouldn't go for adding ANOTHER muscle car to the stable!
Never really been a "bowtie guy" but I am really growing fond of this "Hillbilly Hot Rod."

I am a former firefighter too (figured you must be by your sig) and am also a big believer in my own 2nd Amendment rights like you. Maybe we can go up to Styx River sometime and blow off some rounds together?

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Technical Moderator

Welcome!

Are you aware that you will need adapters for your new HU to interface with the computer?
Old 12-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site! Enjoy that HHR!
Old 12-18-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Welcome!

Are you aware that you will need adapters for your new HU to interface with the computer?
Thanks Don. I am changing to an aftermarket Kenwood double-din and am not concerned about system chimes working (they don't now, because both front speakers are toast!). I have no Nav, Onstar or anything like that and no steering wheel controls.

I thought I read through the AV threads here pretty well and didn't see anything that worried me. I will be letting some car audio guys do the swap, so I expect them to handle matching the wires. I can do the speakers myself (got adapter wires and

Is there something I am missing?

Also, since you are the Technical Mod, I will ask you this:
I signed on with my FB account. Is that keeping me from certain settings?

I can't find any Avatar settings.
I also (more importantly) cannot find where you can select to "stay logged in" anywhere. It is a real pain to be reading, then go get a cuppa, hit the bathroom and come back to find you are logged out and have to navigate back to where you were. There must be a setting somewhere!

Additionally, when I log in, it takes me to the old search results from several days ago when I first found the forum. What is up with that?

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Technical Moderator

The technical refers to mechanical.

Only "Premium" members get avatars.

"Remember me?" checkbox to the right of the user name box on the login frame.

I don't know about FB. I think it inserts your FB credentials. You should be able to change things in your User CP.

After you do the "remember me" and close the browser tab you should come back to "new posts" the next time. I think.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:18 PM

Thanks for taking the time, Don. I really appreciate it.
I went with the Sig Pic instead. Maybe upgrade later.

For some reason the FB login doesn't seem to "take" the remember me box with it when it logs you in.
I guess I could change to a conventional registration, but I guess I would lose all my (brief history.)
Old 12-18-2016, 02:01 PM

Welcome. Us SS bunch can help you with any question you might have. If we don't know the answer we'll just make something up

What do/have to do to it right now?
Old 12-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Technical Moderator

I use "remember me" and let my browser remember the password. If I had closed the browser tab When type "chevy" into my address bar it autocompletes and logs in to the front page.

Or, if I go to new tab and select chevyhhr.net it takes me to new posts.

I may have set something in the WABAC machine, I don't know.

Quick Reply: New owner of '09 Victory Red LT