Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

New owner in Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 03:56 PM

New owner in Illinois

Picked up a 08 LT to use for daily transportation as well as a calling card for a bar/ restaurant that I am opening... It is needing a LF wheel bearing & LF LCA bushing judging from the sound... While Im at it Im going to replace both front hubs with Timken units, the struts, hardware & shocks with KYB stuff all from RockAuto & new aluminum control arms with grease-able ball joints from ebay. I'm still up in the air about replacing the new stock type LCA bushings with the Moog problem solvers.. Im also installing a set of Pedders springs as the Canuck springs are currently unavailable. I'd like to thank the forum for all the knowledge I gained to make an informed decision on selecting a HHR as well as the replacement parts to get her back in tip top condition... All the parts have arrived just need to get them on... wildherre

Old 02-27-2019, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, save the problem solvers for the next time , seeing as the LCA’s come with new bushings.
I choose to replace the ball joints and bushings on my OEM LCA’s.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome
I would not recommend getting the Pedders springs. The rears for the HHR were a design problem. Just about everyone that has tried them suffered with the coils banging together over medium to large bumps on the road. Makes a distinctive clunking noise that can be heard and felt. I had them and they made noise as soon as they were installed.
I suggest holding off on the Pedders and find something else.

edit: I know my sig says I have Pedders but they are actually a one off prototype rear springs. Pedders USA sent them as a replacement for the original clunking ones. (pretty sure Pedders USA is out of business also )
Old 02-27-2019, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome & Sharp looking LT.....
Old 02-27-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Welcome
I would not recommend getting the Pedders springs. The rears for the HHR were a design problem. Just about everyone that has tried them suffered with the coils banging together over medium to large bumps on the road. Makes a distinctive clunking noise that can be heard and felt. I had them and they made noise as soon as they were installed.
I suggest holding off on the Pedders and find something else.

edit: I know my sig says I have Pedders but they are actually a one off prototype rear springs. Pedders USA sent them as a replacement for the original clunking ones. (pretty sure Pedders USA is out of business also )
I had read all of your posts about the Pedders rears and was curious if they had changed anything. I already have them, bought them from Summit and they were drop shipped by Pedders USA.. They appear to be the same design as your originals. Im going to give them a shot & see what happens. I think they were manufactured in 11/2015 maybe some subtle changes were made , we will see... wildherre
Old 03-01-2019, 04:54 PM

Welcome.... !!
Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Administrator

I’d wait for the Canuck Motorsports lowering springs.