Introductions Welcome! Please take a moment to say hello.

new Tarheel HHR

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM

new Tarheel HHR

Hello to the HHR nation! I have thought about getting a HHR for several years after renting one on one of my business trips. I really liked it, kinda slow but I have a lot of fun with underpowered cars. Rented a second one a year or so later with same good experience. I read some on this forum about them and decided that if I ever got one I would want the 2LT model for nice wheels, bigger engine and leather. Well my old Galant daily finally died on the side of the road and put me back in the market.

I've been driving the old S10 while shopping. Saw a great 2007 2LT on ebay and it was not far away so I got real interested. About a week later I was looking at the ebay classified page again and while I was looking I saw the price drop $1000! Seller is a respected Benz / Volvo dealer so I knew it would be a nice car. Price went from reasonble (for a dealer) to a good deal so I emailed the guy. Bought it 3 days later.

She's Imperial Blue 2007 with everything except the 6-CD changer, as far as I can tell. Wheels look like new. The bowties have the normal delamination and there's a few scratches that were touched up with too-dark paint. No dents, no damage, 1-owner with 58K miles. Got rid of clunking noise when I repackaged the jack and wrench properly under the spare.

I'm lovin' it so far. My complaint with the cloth seats is gone with the leather seats. The big disappointments are with the 2.4 motor. It's nice, but I expected a little more power without having to drive with a lead foot. Also, I did a double-take when I read the manual and saw that it wants Premium gas!! It says that nowhere else, and I was dying to get away from buying premium for the high-compression Galant GTZ. I had no idea the 2.4 wanted premium or I might not have made it a requirement in my search. Anyway it's all good and drives great. I'm getting spoiled with the auto headlights and mirror and the remote start rules for defrosting the car in the morning.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 PM

Nice rig, welcome to the forum.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome- & Premium gas is only Recommended ..

But there is a diff in performance between reg & hi-test..
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 AM

Welcome to the site.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM

Welcome the Site and Congrats on your '07 !
looks nice in the pics !!!! the blue is nice ~ ,

i have a 2011 2LT with the 2.4 and i
use mine for news paper delivery
and i put mid grade in mine and
still seems pretty peppy ~
Old 01-13-2013, 02:29 PM

Thanks, guys. I'm putting premium in it for now to establish a baseline of mpg that I can expect and until I get a good feel for the engine. Then I'll try regular and see if the difference is worth the money to me or not.

I love the color with the chrome package, but it's as bad as black for showing dirt.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM

Welcome to the site!!!

My 2001 S10 I just traded was the same color, and yes It may as well have been black as far as the cleaning went. I really like the leather interior.