The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

11 worse cars according to CR

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:20 AM

11 worse cars according to CR

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...x.html?cnn=yes
Old 03-09-2008, 09:43 AM

Jeeps all over that report. Why? Jeeps SUCK
Old 03-09-2008, 09:47 AM

As the report says, Jeeps are good for off-road, but as they also said, most Jeeps rarely see off-road use-- they're grocery getters and mall runners.

I think the coming $4/gallon gas is going to bring an end to idiots using vehicles designed for Forest Rangers for trips to the soccer match, mall, and grocery store.

I just filled the HHR up lastnight and computed out by hand my city mpg: 26.2. It's up from the past few times which have been around 24.5, I guess mainly because I removed some of the lead from my right foot this last cycle.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Why are they idiots? If they want to do that they can... if they can afford go ahead... this is America. Jeeps have a cool look to them... also maybe we should each have a car designed for every possible situation but oh yeah cars are really expensive.
Keep in mind there are those that think the HHR is bad and that for city stuff we should either have a Smart Car or walk or ride a bike.

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
As the report says, Jeeps are good for off-road, but as they also said, most Jeeps rarely see off-road use-- they're grocery getters and mall runners.

I think the coming $4/gallon gas is going to bring an end to idiots using vehicles designed for Forest Rangers for trips to the soccer match, mall, and grocery store.

I just filled the HHR up lastnight and computed out by hand my city mpg: 26.2. It's up from the past few times which have been around 24.5, I guess mainly because I removed some of the lead from my right foot this last cycle.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 AM

well, i don't know that i would call them idiots, but i do find it rather dumb of people to buy Jeeps for daily drivers, more specifically Wranglers. other Jeep models aren't so bad, as Jeep has realized to survive they must (unfortunately) make some not-so-off-road-oriented models (Compass/Patriot anyone?). i don't think it's exactly the smartest idea to buy a vehicle that has been designed for several decades for the sole purpose of off-road use, and that is widely known not to be a very comfortable city street driven vehicle. certain vehicles are aimed at certain audiences, and they often get bought up like crazy by an entirely different audience. it happens, and it eventually ruins a vehicle/brand. the Wrangler has been lucky thus far. while it's newest iteration has been redone and made more civilized, it still holds it's off-road capabilities. too bad the same can't be said for Hummer. the H1 was a beast, and the H2 has ruined the brand's purpose. while it is quite adept at off-road use, it has made the Hummer name synonymous with chrome everything and HUGE wheels, which has doomed the H3 to the same fate, while it is a very capable off-road ride.

/rant lol. i can't say too much about the Jeep drivers, my brother and his fiancee both had Wranglers, hers a daily driver, his a secondary vehicle (to a lifted 98 Ram...equally pointless for a daily driver lol). though they just traded both Jeeps in on a 2007 Envoy...they felt the sting of gas prices (and two car payments and insurance checks haha), and responded lol.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by hunter
Why are they idiots?
Because through their poor choices and self-indulgence they're driving up demand for petroleum and thus helping keep the USA dependent on imported oil. Bad for the country and bad for those of us that make smarter choices because we all share the consequences. Therefore, they are idiots.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Agghh I see... hopefully we can all someday please you and be as smart as you.
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Because through their poor choices and self-indulgence they're driving up demand for petroleum and thus helping keep the USA dependent on imported oil. Bad for the country and bad for those of us that make smarter choices because we all share the consequences. Therefore, they are idiots.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by hunter
Agghh I see... hopefully we can all someday please you and be as smart as you.
Maybe... if you try.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 PM

I see that now the Arabs arent killing us physically they are just sucking our money out of our pockets....Which may be physical too but at least im still alive....I just read in the March issue of popular mechanics that with the oil fields we have now that we are drilling from, will only last a projected 30 years......By then we will have either some other source of energy or we will be dead or something hahahahhhahhah!!!!! I think Bio-deisel is the wave of the future personally with all the fast food chains who could go wrong thats just my two cents on the fuel issue
Old 03-10-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2007OrangeHHRLT1
I see that now the Arabs arent killing us physically they are just sucking our money out of our pockets....Which may be physical too but at least im still alive....I just read in the March issue of popular mechanics that with the oil fields we have now that we are drilling from, will only last a projected 30 years......By then we will have either some other source of energy or we will be dead or something hahahahhhahhah!!!!! I think Bio-deisel is the wave of the future personally with all the fast food chains who could go wrong thats just my two cents on the fuel issue
BIo-D is a good alternative fuel, but what you're referring to as far as restaurants go is WVO or Waste Vegetable Oil. I know this because if fuel prices get too crazy, then after this summer when the warranty's expired on the wife's Volkswagen TDI diesel, we might look into a WVO kit for it and try running that little bugger on WVO, if I can get some restaurants lined up and a filtration rig pieced together. They say the exhaust tends to smell like whatever food was originally cooked in the oil...

Bio-D usually refers to the diesel alternative fuel oil produced directly from soy beans. You're on the right track, though, both WVO and Bio-D are veggie oils.

Quick Reply: 11 worse cars according to CR