The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

2 chevy family

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:26 PM

2 chevy family

Well we finaly picked up the wifes new car the other day. Got a great deal on a 06 Equinox. Got the 2LT trim in a Black Amethyst. Leather seat, everything but XM. Mods are already in the works on this dealer is going to install sunroof and and color matched lighted running boards in a few days.
Got one hell of a deal on it, got a great deal on it, wife got dealer supplier discount, the chevy cash back 3k on this car, and after trade in of her mini van, cash deal we walked out there only costing 16k for the nox.
Just got done wash and wax job since dealer did a crappy job on this. I have only been allowed to drive it once, but it is a very nice ride.
But since everyone like photos here you go.

Name:  DSCF0740.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  DSCF0741.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  81.8 KB

Name:  DSCF0743.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  DSCF0745.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  45.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0744.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  DSCF0747.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  42.1 KB

Her car and my rental
Name:  DSCF0749.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  58.1 KB
Old 09-09-2006, 01:45 PM

That is a very nice ride and one heck of a deal. I love the garage picture
Old 09-09-2006, 03:36 PM

I looked at the Equinox, also. It's a beautiful car and the dealer really wanted to give me a good price. But the gas mileage wasn't much better than was I was already getting in my van. I'm consistenly getting 24 MPG in city traffic in the HHR.

That garage is way too clean. Where do you keep all your stuff?
Old 09-09-2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
I looked at the Equinox, also. It's a beautiful car and the dealer really wanted to give me a good price. But the gas mileage wasn't much better than was I was already getting in my van. I'm consistenly getting 24 MPG in city traffic in the HHR.

That garage is way too clean. Where do you keep all your stuff?
The Nox gets a little better mileage than her van did plus it is way nicer than the van so the trade off was worth it.
I do not let "stuff" collect in the garage. Car stuff is on a shelf by the HHR, and all the tools and misc stuff is behind the hhr and tucked away.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:21 PM

That is one nice ride, with a smokin' deal. My wife wants to get rid of the of 04' Cavalier for an Equinox. That is only if won't stop talking about for a straight 24 hours
Old 09-09-2006, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by GhstRider
That is one nice ride, with a smokin' deal. My wife wants to get rid of the of 04' Cavalier for an Equinox. That is only if won't stop talking about for a straight 24 hours
I hear you and feel your pain Once she made up her mind that is what she wanted there was no stopping her. She was working the internet and the phone, then had me working the internet on another computer. For the most part I let her work her own deal. She a female internet salesperson so I backed out and let the females go at it.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:34 PM

She has her mind made on either the BMW X-Series (Isn’t going to Happen!!) or the Equinox. The only condition she gets one: is if monthly payments are the same (or lower) and the insurance does not increase. Other than that is she has the go ahead. Oh and not to forget she wants it in Salsa Red, and has the same or more options than my HHR.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz
I do not let "stuff" collect in the garage. Car stuff is on a shelf by the HHR, and all the tools and misc stuff is behind the hhr and tucked away.
Someone who uses a garage as intended! I have a garage and actually park my vehicle in there. There are tons of other homes around me with garages and no one parks in them and when they open their garage door, there is barely enough room for a bug to crawl in. I do not get it.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by GhstRider
Oh and not to forget she wants it in Salsa Red, and has the same or more options than my HHR.

You been talking to my wife? That was her other color choice if she could not find this one
She never said she wanted more options then my HHr but I know she was thinking it.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:55 PM

My wife is still bent because I got a new car and it has way more options than hers. Did I mention, I got a new car and she didn't?

Quick Reply: 2 chevy family