The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 AM

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

I didn't want to revive the 2006 thread so here goes

I'll start with this pic of Henrik with hockey on his mind

No high sticking called

They're not calling much obviously.

Sutton on Ottawa almost killed Leopold on Pittsburg with a nasty (but clean) hit to the head.

I've been watching every televised game and it's pretty slammin action so-far.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 PM

The calls have been so sloppy, i mean, the refs didnt call high sticking against the kings in game one when henrik had that stick literally stuck inside his helmet, and then in game two (which a friend and I had seats to, last night at gm place! very exciting game) the canucks had a "too many men on the ice" call against them in OT that was a phantom call. What ever happened to the 5 foot rule around the players benches? usually they will not call too many men unless they are 5 feet or more away from the bench, and this call against the canucks, the player was hopping onto the bench. The call cost them the game.

Very intense colorado / san jose game on tv right now. Scoreless and going to overtime! The avalanche are holding on for their lives, san jose is dominating.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM

So I was busy with Phillies then Flyers yesterday and didn't get a full story. What happened with the player who shot on his own goal I heard about a bit on the radio today?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Bergeron from Boston did that accidentally with the goalie out but saved it by inches in one of the last reg season games.

That "too many men on the ice" call was wrong.
Called by the linesman not the ref and totally lost them the game.
That kind of thing happens to the Bs all the time.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 AM

Oh no I found the one they were talking about from the playoffs. A sharks player got it into his own net over the weekend costing them the game... Ouch.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPA51D0RU2.DTL
Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 PM

On VS they joined that game in progress in the 3rd after the Nashville/Chicago game ended.
I was snoozing by that time so I missed it.
I still had the SJ/CO game in my DVR and just FF-> to the first minute of OT and watched the infamous clear-the-zone-right-into-Boyle's-own-personal-Hell.

Wow. it must suck to be him this week
Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 PM

I love this time of year. Every playoff game is televised for us Canadian viewers and you don't even need overly expensive special sports packages.

I've been surprised by the number of upsets so far (in my opinion I consider there to be some major upsets.) The playoffs have been quite exciting so far and I think the first round is really going to start to heat up now.

I'm expecting Washington/Montreal, Pittsburg/Ottawa and Phoenix/Detroit to be the most exciting series to watch.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM

Go BLACKHAWKS!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mowgli
I still had the SJ/CO game in my DVR and just FF-> to the first minute of OT and watched the infamous clear-the-zone-right-into-Boyle's-own-personal-Hell.

Wow. it must suck to be him this week
Yeah they were saying on the radio wondering if he even went back to the locker rooms of if he kept his skates on and just quickly left the building. But we are not known here to be the nicest fans for stupidity.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 AM

Last night, between periods, they showed how his D2D pass behind the net was redirected by the defender's stick.

I didn't want to believe it at first but it was an obvious redirect when seen in frame-by-frame slow-mo.

Quick Reply: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread