The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Act of patriotism

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 AM

Act of patriotism

Watch the video and tell us what you think

http://news.yahoo.com/video/austinkv...storm-20738426
Old 07-11-2010, 01:54 AM

Respect but he need a home and a job.
That will help him.

Michael
Old 07-11-2010, 03:06 AM

he made the claim that he knew how to fold our flag... but he folded it completely wrong. i have folded our flag 1000s of times. what he did was no better than crumpling it up in a ball.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:15 AM

even if he thought it needed to be decommissioned because it fell, it would never be folded as he did. it would have been folded correctly. then, it would be run up a flag pole and brought back down. after that it would be folded into a rectangle and burned.

a flag should never be folded as he did.

okay, it was better than crumpling it up into a ball. he was trying to do a nice thing. but he should not have claimed he knew how to fold the flag.

Last edited by Condition1; 07-11-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:44 PM

H--l I was in the military and I don't remember how to fold the flag, But I'll tell you I have a lot more respect for him then I do for YOU, to be slaming him for something he in his heart believed to be right you need to take a good look in the mirror my friend.

My hats off to him
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Who cares how he folded the flag, the fact that he did something shows great respect!!! When there are a**holes out there buring the flag then going home to a nice cozy bed, for him to do that is American!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:09 PM

How it was folded doesn't matter. He showed Respect to the flag. Do not over look that fact. I too have folded the flag thousands of times. That and five dollars gets me a cup of coffee at starbucks.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM

What he did was very neat. He's homeless, hardly has anything, but he still respects his country, and he seems to be in a good spirit and happy overall. He makes the best out of something very bad: being homeless. The funny thing is that some people tell homeless people, "go get a job!" But with the way the economy is nowadays, this could really happen to anyone. It could be any one of us next, so it just makes me feel so fortunate for what I have and how good I have it. Most people don't realize how good they have it until it's gone and everything falls apart. Be Thankful!! Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm preaching. That video just inspired me and put me in a good mood. :) By the way, I really love his cats. I think its cool he still has them. If I were homeless, I think I'd still want my cats too.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 AM

Wow, one guy took it upon himself to honor our flag, wasn't looking for the press he got, never heard him say he knew how to fold the flag (the announcer said it). He didn't want anything, just to honor his flag and country.
Very proud of this AMERICAN.
I still remember whe Rick Monday took a flag from two guys trying to burn it at a baseball game.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
By the way, I really love his cats. I think its cool he still has them. If I were homeless, I think I'd still want my cats too.
having animals allows someone with little or no human contact to be less lonely and have consistency in their lives. there are endless studies that show the psychological, emotional, and social benefits of animals.