The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

American Idol

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dbarberaz

I hate this show, but I had to watch the first 2 nights so I have something to laugh at Sorry to say but these people need to know before they go that they suck. This is just like watching a bad train wreck take place
Me too! I think most of the people that suck or don't really try are just doing it for their possible 15 seconds of fame. Just to see themselves on TV acting like an idiot. Hell, I would do it if the tryouts came here. My wife watches the show so I'm kind of forced to. The only show I care about other than my cartoons is 24. I loved last night when Simon basically told the one guy he is ugly and his eyes are pushed out like a bush baby. I almost died laughing!

Last edited by captain howdy; 01-18-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
American Idol reminds me of the old "Gong Show" from years ago. Only on a much larger scale! About the same degree of talent though for the most part.
Hey now, not everybody that was on the Gong Show was horrid. Matter of fact, an uncle of mine had a band on the Gong Show and won. His band was pretty good, too.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:31 AM

Honestly, I would rather they do without this portion of the show. A similar show, Nashville Star on USA Network, speeds through the qualifying and only shows those that advance. It has produced some pretty good talent like Miranda Lambert.

I'm waiting for them to get to the top 12 on Idol. That's when it really gets good. Katherine McPhee singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" still brings tears to my eyes. Many performances from last year's final rounds were truly awesome!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Honestly, I would rather they do without this portion of the show. A similar show, Nashville Star on USA Network, speeds through the qualifying and only shows those that advance. It has produced some pretty good talent like Miranda Lambert.

I'm waiting for them to get to the top 12 on Idol. That's when it really gets good. Katherine McPhee singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" still brings tears to my eyes. Many performances from last year's final rounds were truly awesome!
I'm with sandy on this one. While some of the "performances" are funny, they get old after a while. Hell week and everything after that is when it gets good IMO. As I said before, BRING ON THE TALENT!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

But only the try out part is the only entertaining part of the show. After that the show gets bland and boring. It's way to vanilla for me. I don't know why they even try to win anyways. The winner’s record deal is a joke because with the exception of Kelly Clarkson the only people to buy the winners Cds are fans of the show and they forget about them by the next season when they have new idiots to fawn over. They should change the name from American Idol to Disposable Idol.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:46 AM

Not too sure about that one CH. Carrie Underwood has done phenominal with the country charts right now. Her CD sold quite a bit from my understanding.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Maybe her too. I don't generally listen to country so I wouldn't know. I just know that for a while every time I would turn on a pop station Kelly Clarkson would be on. But what happened to Clay other than he came out of the closet to try and bring attention to himself like that dude from NSYNC (sp?) or fat boy "teddy bear" Rubin?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:59 AM

I loved the Big Red guy on Wed night at the end of the show. That was so funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3kV_rPRsGY (Check out this clip)
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 AM

Cool Good Riddance Sanjaya!!!

Name:  sanjayasux.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  11.2 KB
NOT!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM

There was quite a bit of celebration in my office this morning. We all feared he would win and make a mockery of the whole show. I wonder what Howard Stern is saying about it. His little scheme didn't work.

I'm still in shock that Lakeesha was in the bottom two. I know she had a night worse than her others but she's still one of the top 3 singers.

Quick Reply: American Idol