Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   Anyone else play guitar? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/anyone-else-play-guitar-43917/)

5speed4 12-09-2012 02:27 PM

Anyone else play guitar?

I've been playing just as a hobby for about 20 years. I have an Ibanez RG470 and a Marshall amp. Here is a sample:

Anyone else play?

badassbowtie 12-09-2012 04:07 PM

I have a acoustic ibanez that i like to play. I am mostly self taught, with some lessons I took in my teens(10 years ago). I am really only good with 5-6 chords, not particularly good with bar chords, and can't play/don't remember pentatonics, and other cool stuff.

I have gotten a lot better in the last two years or so. I had learned originally with a fender strat, and had an amp with a distortion pedal, but sold it all and kind of quit by the time I was 15(im 25 now). I just recently picked it up again, so who knows where I will go with it.

So if you had to rate me from 1-10 skill wise, I'd be around a 2.

very nice job btw...:twothumbs:

DavidLadewig 12-09-2012 05:25 PM

Yep. Like to play, song write, and have a studio in my house.

IndianaJ.J. 12-09-2012 08:55 PM

:bow:I classify myself as a wannabe guitar player. There is nothing I would like more than to learn to play guitar. A few years ago, I bought a Fender Starcaster. It's a knock off Stratocaster and looks just like one. I also bought a beautiful Marshall amp on E-Bay. Kinda put the cart before the horse. I got a few learner books and DVDs. I was really serious about learning. After a while, I was coming along at a snails pace. At my age arthritis sort puts a damper on finger and wrist movement. so needless to say, I have not progressed much. You folks who play make it look so easy. Now I know it's not easy,at least not for me. I keep saying to myself I can do it. Trouble is, convincing myself. Anyway, I love guitar music and I think guitar players are a special breed. Hope I didn't put you all to sleep.

Indiana J.J.

5speed4 12-11-2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by IndianaJ.J. (Post 683098)
:bow:I classify myself as a wannabe guitar player. There is nothing I would like more than to learn to play guitar. A few years ago, I bought a Fender Starcaster. It's a knock off Stratocaster and looks just like one. I also bought a beautiful Marshall amp on E-Bay. Kinda put the cart before the horse. I got a few learner books and DVDs. I was really serious about learning. After a while, I was coming along at a snails pace. At my age arthritis sort puts a damper on finger and wrist movement. so needless to say, I have not progressed much. You folks who play make it look so easy. Now I know it's not easy,at least not for me. I keep saying to myself I can do it. Trouble is, convincing myself. Anyway, I love guitar music and I think guitar players are a special breed. Hope I didn't put you all to sleep.

Indiana J.J.

"Special breed". Thanks that's nice of you to say. I hope this doesn't sound conceded, but I took to guitar playing very quickly without any lessons, so I think you might be on to something. I wrote that "riff" above about 2.5 years after starting playing. Of course, I had no social life at that point and no work/kids/etc. so I was playing several hours per day...Now I'm lucky to play a half-hour per week. Here's another video:

DreamHHR 12-11-2012 01:41 PM

I play classical (nylon strings) as a hobby. No pick, all fingers/nails. I have a conventional solid wood Cordoba C9 and recently got a Cordoba GK Studio (flamenco) plug-in & cut-away for less serious stuff.
My 14 YO daughter plays as well, so we occasionally get to play together as a duo in addition to our own solo pieces.

Yves