The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Bob Lutz To Retire May 1st

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I read this the other day...
Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 PM

Bob has done about all he can do there and I think he see's that the people he help put in place will carry on much of that he has started.

It was not so much the product but the fact he put building and designing cars back in the hands of the engneers. He enabled them to do thing and make changes with out being told like in the old system. The fit and finish on the new GM cars like the CTS, Lacrosse and Nox show where this is going. As well as the improved interiors and new power plants.

Mark Reuess will handel much of what Bob did and then some. Mark is the man behind the G8 and other RWD Holdens and his Father was the man behind the Grand National Buick. GM is in good hands and while it may be behind some things at Ford they have less Debit than Ford and should be able to better invest in new product over the next 5 years.

Lost also in this news is Byan Nesbit the designer of the HHR, Nox and coming Buick Regal is getting moved back to design as he should be. I never understood him managing Cadillac when his talent is really styling.

To be fair I am not a bama fan but the goverment has really done little with GM. They told GM to make a profit and they don't care how. All product decisions are GM and GM only. They even know they are toast if GM fails.