The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Buick Regal GS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:35 PM

Buick Regal GS

How many of you are looking at the the Buick Regal GS as possible replacement for your HHR SS? I am for sure. I will miss the utility of the HHR but I have since bought an older AWD Astro to tow my toys with. So I can live with a sedan again. I love the 2.0 L turbo motor in our SS's and I really enjoy driving a manual transmission again. I hope that GM releases a GMPP Stage 1 kit when this car hits the showroom. G.B.

http://www.buick.com/future-vehicles/
Old 05-21-2010, 08:50 PM

I was only interested in it if it came with awd, which looks like will probably not happen.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:35 PM

I get a feeling AWD may come later but not in the first two years.

I think they want to keep the price down for now to get people behind the wheel. If they do the V6 and AWD to start it will keep many non GM fans from giving it a try.

They will market this as a value luxury car to start and add more $$ items as sales take off.

Note the GXP G8 came later too.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:48 AM

Great looking car, but I bought my SS because I need a rolling box to stow my tools and equipment. The SS fills the bill, and provides the most entertainment per mile of any vehicle I've ever owned. Also, it's been getting 28.2 mpg on long runs.

As the HHR is destined for the history books, I'm already thinking about my next go-to-work vehicle.

I'm not bound by product loyalty, although I am mightily impressed with the HHR and my selling dealer, who's service department is one of the best in the business.

Maybe an Equinox; maybe a Traverse (a little pricy...), but I'm open to anything that's a box with seats and an engine.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:44 AM

Might want to note if you are interested in this car just because of the engine this is not the only new car that will get it.

Keep your eyes open as GM will have more offerings with this and other DI Turbo engines to come.

DI and or Turbo will soon be like a Carberator on nearly all engines in the next 5 years. Small powerful engines will soon be common.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:36 AM

I want it I want it I want it
Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 PM

I traded my 99 Regal GS for my 06 HHR. 3800 SC was a quick boat. It got decent mileage, but I wanted the utility of the HHR.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:28 PM

Note too there may be a Wagon. 5 door hatch and a coupe in the future.

Buick has been hinting at each.

GM no longer intro's all the models at one time anymore and will have spint intro's with most models in the future.

The 5 door hatch looks just like the 4 door sedan with only a slight more real rake on the rear glass. It looks better in profile but it remains to be seen how a hatch would do. Hatchbacks in the US market have done poorly in the past outside the entry level classes.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Might want to note if you are interested in this car just because of the engine this is not the only new car that will get it.

Keep your eyes open as GM will have more offerings with this and other DI Turbo engines to come.

DI and or Turbo will soon be like a Carberator on nearly all engines in the next 5 years. Small powerful engines will soon be common.
Hyperv6 - Well, I like the way the Regal GS looks as well. It was my favorite car at the Detroit auto show the first of the year. The utility of the HHR was certainly part of the reason I bought my HHR SS. Although the motor and manual trans sealed the deal. I love driving a manual trans again. 30,000 miles a year and have enjoyed every mile. My next car will for sure have a manual trans. G.B.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Gone Blue
Hyperv6 - Well, I like the way the Regal GS looks as well. It was my favorite car at the Detroit auto show the first of the year. The utility of the HHR was certainly part of the reason I bought my HHR SS. Although the motor and manual trans sealed the deal. I love driving a manual trans again. 30,000 miles a year and have enjoyed every mile. My next car will for sure have a manual trans. G.B.

Buy a manual when you can. They will become more rare as we move forward.

The market has dropped to 7% of all new cars and is expected to decline even more.

I think the fact fewer and fewer people learn to drive one will kill it in all but trucks and sports cars. Even the sports cars they are becoming rare outside the paddel shifters.

I think we are lucky that GM went ahead and plan to put the six speed M in this car. They will not sell many but at least their is a choice.

Quick Reply: Buick Regal GS