The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Bush and his BS speech!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:45 AM

Bush and his BS speech!

Did anyone see this crap this morning!!! Im sorry but what an ahole he stated the problem isnt high fuel prices but the price of corn!!!!??? if fuel wasnt insaneliy high corn wouldnt cost so much !!!!!! what dose he think we are all retarted?? its not 100$ dollar a barrel oil cuasing problems but the 4 dollar a bushel corn yeah right back your big oil buddies and screw the farmer way to go a hole!!
this country is goin into the crapper fast and its because of idiots like bush and i am no fan of the democrates either i think we are screwed no matter which party gets in!
the american dollar is at an ALL time low!
home foreclosures at all time high!
the price of everything is climbing fast!!
looks like it did in russia just before it collapsed.
Obama is right about 1 thing its time for change but unlike him i think its time for a non dem or rep but a person who acctually cares ABOUT AMERICA and not how they can make the super rich even richer by pushing the middle class into a lower class making america into another third world country!!

Sorry i just cant believe the things im seeing transpire in my generation in what used to be the greatest country in the world!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

ever heard of margaret meade?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 PM

We are getting change no matter who is elected..problem is Obama is just throwing the word around like he gets a nickel every time he says it..like he copyrighted the damn word...maybe he invented it like Gore did with the internet

Goose
Old 02-28-2008, 12:11 PM

I have to agree with one thing Bush said. It was that we're "Not headed for a recession"!! No, We're already there Georgie Boy!! I don't know how or when were going to get out of the mess this country is in now, and I don't think anyone in Washington does either from what I've seen. As I said in another thread, it all goes back to those in power back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s sitting on their hands after the oil embargo doing little to find a viable alternative energy source that would free us from the whims of OPEC!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
ever heard of margaret meade?
Yeah! So what does some old left wing nut job have to do with today? Oh, I suppose you actually believe the crap she professed? I'm sure her studies of the sex life of Samoans is quite applicable to today's problems. Good grief!

Pat
Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned

no I think its funny the way she graded. pass/fail. as long as you showed to class you got an A. Dubya's only A at Yale...just some trivia
Old 02-28-2008, 01:15 PM

Where`s Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
I have to agree with one thing Bush said. It was that we're "Not headed for a recession"!! No, We're already there Georgie Boy!! I don't know how or when were going to get out of the mess this country is in now, and I don't think anyone in Washington does either from what I've seen. As I said in another thread, it all goes back to those in power back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s sitting on their hands after the oil embargo doing little to find a viable alternative energy source that would free us from the whims of OPEC!
Technically we are not in a recession, however, technically doesn't pay the bills. I really don't care how the US Government defines a recession....all the working folks know that we are in a recession. The biggest problem this country has is the we can not manufacture our way out of a recession, because we don't manufacture a damn thing anymore. We are a nation of paper shufflers, and that ain't going to get us out of a the financial mess we are in.

I spoke with friends in Europe last weekend and the discussion turned to gas prices. They told me that their prices as the same as they have been for the past few years. Yes, higher than ours, but stable. The reason their's are the same, and ours are rising, can be placed right at the feet of our crack Federal Reserve chairmen. Their cheap money policy de-valued the dollar. These two clowns thought cheap money is how to keep a lid on our economy. Well, I got news for them, cheap money is why we are in such problems. Cheap money has run off all investment in our country, due to our interest rates. We can see how well cheap money worked to build houses that were sold to people that could not afford them. Cheap money was used to suck all the equity out of the home ownership. I can go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Until the dollar regains it's strength, we are in for a very bumpy ride. And, there isn't any president or politician that is going to take away the pain. We can't spend our way out, and so far all I've heard is how much each of these clowns is going to spend. We need to educate our kids so they understand how our economy works, and re-start our manufacturing sector if we want to regain our strength. Every affluent country in the world sells something to other countries. What can we sell, shoppers? The only thing that has kept our economy going the last five years, or so, has been consumer spending. And that folks, does not a super power make!

Just my .02, flame away!

Pat
Old 02-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by tsaints1115
Where`s Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him.
LOL, he was a patsie!!!!

i have noticed the same crap with Obama we need change yada yada yada but never what changes he is gonna make!! hes as bad as guelioni (spelling) talking about 911!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
no I think its funny the way she graded. pass/fail. as long as you showed to class you got an A. Dubya's only A at Yale...just some trivia
She didn't teach at Yale. Where are your facts?

Pat

Quick Reply: Bush and his BS speech!