The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Is the Chevy Orlando the new HHR

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Is the Chevy Orlando the new HHR

Did a search on here, but didn't find anything concrete on the subject

Has there been any confirmation if the new Orlando concept will indeed be the new HHR? Reports in the beginning of the year had the Orlando here as a 2011 model year...is this still happening?

I heard some rumours, it will not be called Orlando, but rather maintain the "HHR" Moniker.

Does anyone have any news or gossip on this?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 PM

HHR goes away with the Delta platform. The Orlando and GMC Granite comes with the Delta II platform. It will fill the spot of the HHR. Supposed to be a 2012 model, probably out at some point in 2011. Thinking of one for the wife to replace her MPV.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:39 PM

Ya...thinking about one as well ....My HHR will need to replaced in the next year and a half to two years. Just haven't seen anything for sure. Last I read its a big "maybe for sure"..LOL
Old 12-22-2009, 12:53 PM

The Orlando is coming out.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-plans...auto-show.html

Can't wait to see the new photo's. Wondering what all changed. My HHR still has many years to go. Hoping they will offer the Orlando with a stick also. BUt odds are......
Old 12-22-2009, 01:02 PM

Looks like I will see the production model Orlando at NAIAS according to the article and will post pics like I did last year they said it would be a 2.0L diesel last NAIAS but being that was a Saab engine who knows now.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:40 PM

The diesel is still a go.

The Orlando is only going to change a little, the LED light etc will change but nothing major.

The engines are little under powered vs the hhr.

The GMC will be different like the Terrain is from the Nox.

Look for it in 2011 as a 2012 model.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:57 PM

Its for sure that the diesel is a go? If so i hope they reinforce the delta II platform a bit to allow for some extra towing! If they bring it out with a diesel i will be buying one.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by opelpowered
Its for sure that the diesel is a go? If so i hope they reinforce the delta II platform a bit to allow for some extra towing! If they bring it out with a diesel i will be buying one.
At this point it is a go. But as you know thing have changed fast and often at GM.

Now on the other hand keep in mind it is not going to be a tow vehicle.
the Orlando will be motivated by a range of gas and diesel powerplants, displacing between 1.6L and 2.0L. The Orlando’s top engine offering will be a 2.0L diesel unit, putting out 150 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque.

Look for Six speed auto trannys and I would be shocked if a stick makes it since they sell so few in this class.

It will be FWD to start with a AWD option later. Also note their will be a specail version that will sport the Volts driveline. Yes plug in Orlando based vehicle will join the line up in a year or so after intro. More aerp changes will come with it and possible a 2nd gen Volt driveline with more range.

While this car will replace the HHR it will not replace the HHR in many ways.
GM needs to sell this to many new customers as they will lose many HHR owners as while it may be a good vehicle it will be like much of what is already out there.

I see the Olando for better or worse a Appliance. It will do the job well but it is not something that will be sporting or special in the looks department.

I have heard the Granite will have much different styling so I have hopes they may have something special for the present HHR die hards with it.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:17 PM

Great info thanks. I am not looking for much for a tow vehicle...just a bit more than the 1000lbs limit our hhr has. I would have to imagine an AWD diesel should be able to tow a few thousand lbs. Mahindra is bringing a 2.2L diesel truck out in the spring that will tow a bit over 5000lbs and has a payload of 1.3 ton. Unloaded the vehicle promises 30+mpgs. If the Indians can do it, the Americans should be able to.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:18 PM

I hope so, that way HHR's will go down in price and I can get another one.

Quick Reply: Is the Chevy Orlando the new HHR