The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chinese Vehicles are coming

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:56 AM

Chinese Vehicles are coming

Found the website of Great Wall Motors, a Chinese car company, here is their "Socool" truck, which isn't Socool. LOL - that name is Sodumb. Read this description. I wish I had "omnipotent" equipment on my HHR to smoke all those corvettes and tow trailer homes.

Simple and elegance appearance and active body line attract your eye. First class technology and omnipotent equipment redefine the concept “Pickup” and bring consumer more care.

And this. I like the "set upping" of the converters.

It follows national emission standard strictly, adopting lead-free gasoline and set upping three unique catalytic converter to convert hazardous substance into innocuous substance.

Unfortunately, they are coming and they will be very inexpensive to buy (i.e., look out Ford and GM).

http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/product/socool_intro.asp

Old 09-30-2006, 07:33 AM

You do know the HHR is BUILT in MEXICO.
I don`t know what the government policies are based on,( in Mexico ), but I`m sure that`s your basic objection to a veh. made in CHINA.
Check to see where your monitor (you`re on right now ) was made, probably not USA.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
You do know the HHR is BUILT in MEXICO.
I don`t know what the government policies are based on,( in Mexico ), but I`m sure that`s your basic objection to a veh. made in CHINA.
Check to see where your monitor (you`re on right now ) was made, probably not USA.
yes I'm completely aware of all that. My point is that Chinese vehicles are coming, they have silly names, and they will undercut Ford and GM.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:15 AM

Heritage High Roof, just rolls right off your tongue. I bought the HHR because I needed a new Ride, Liked the look , could afford it (???) . Not trying to make sure auto workers have a job. I work at a Hospital, I don`t want people to get sick so I can keep my job.
Why not any objection to veh. made in Japan, Korea, Germany, etc;
You could always start a payroll deduction for the auto workers of America.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:20 AM

Did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Old 09-30-2006, 08:30 AM

No, Just can`t see where a Chiness veh. should be any more a threat than others.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:52 AM

Don't forget all the others.............Daewoo, Subaru, Toyota, BMW, Mitsubishi (brought to you by the people who bombed Pearl Harbor). And who could ever forget the Yugo?

The Chinese will be here, and you can bet that some red hot American advertising firm will find a much better name than "So Cool".
Old 09-30-2006, 08:54 AM

Chinese, Japanese, Korean, British, German, Swedish, what difference does it make, I think MikeX was making an observtion about a new vehicle in the works. Yes the HHR is made in Mexico, so is a lot of other GM vehicles. Several GM vehicles are made in Canada also. Soo?... When a new vehicle comes out, it might be nice to know a little bit about it. That's why I look in here all the time to see what goes on with the HHR. The idea af a new Company hitting the market with a new vehicle is news in itself in todays society. As they say, you don't have to buy it, we dont have to buy anything we don't want, but guess what? We do out of necessity, and as long as the major companies keep downsizing in the good ole USA, well, guess we will be buying foreign everything. Sort of a new trend in the Country, Huh?
A lot of mods to our vehicles come from the ideas of other vehicles. The more ideas, the better.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:09 AM

One of the biggest auto manufacturers in China is a company called GM!

Have a look here: GM China
Old 09-30-2006, 09:19 AM

8 Decades, 80 yrs. Sounds like the American auto industry has been kept afloat by other Countries for some time now.
You may find that Chevy (GM) is actually owned by some Foreign company.

Quick Reply: Chinese Vehicles are coming